Obama says no! Surprise, Suprise

Help Support Steer Planet:

iowabeef

My question is-If Obama Administration truly rejected the pipeline on the grounds of "incomplete paperwork", and eventually will support and allow this to happen......Why is this not made public?  When they talk about this and articles in the "mainstream" media cover the issue, you don't see this as the reason. 

aj

I would think the rewards out number the risks. I always wondered about massive earthquakes. But the pipeline would have compartmentalized shut offs. I was told by a wter resource-geologist type guy.....that someone could unload a semi load of poison into the Ogalala aquifer and it wouldn't phase the safety of the water. Maybe real locally for a few months......I don't know. I don't think it hurts to have various sources of oil. All I can say is thank GOD Ben Nelson is retiring. He is one bible beating Demacrat I cannot stand!

BTDT

COd said:
I am wondering why we don't go into ND or MT and build a refinery there?  Go where the oil is, don't have to worry about hurricanes shutting them down.  Why do we need all of the refineries on the gulf?

Refineries are on the coast because that is where the oil is imported to.  Plus, if we export oil, fuel, then of course being close to ship yards is vital. 

Anytime there is something "new" there is going to be opposition. Think of ET work, Cloning, GMO, etc. Heck, I can remember when AI was met with huge opposition. Sometimes the fear is founded on fact and becomes reality, sometimes the fear is based on the fear of "what if's" and it never comes to be.  All that can be done is look into the "facts", science and opinions and then make a decision.

I am not an Obama fan, so anything he is against, I am suspicious of, and anything he is for, I am suspicious of. I do not believe he has my best interest in mind, nor do I believe he has any idea how the "rest of us" live.  That being said, like a cattle judge, he is just one mans opinion on any given day. We also have the congress and house.

chambero

Refineries are located along the gulf because they handle inputs from multiple sources - both domestic and foreign.  All refineries produce multiple products - most of which are cheaper to ship out via ship.  When is the last time a hurricane knocked out a refinery long term?

Pipelines are all over this country.  They are already under construction on the Texas segment of the Keystone pipeline.  They'll likely just reroute it around Nebraska.  Environmental fears over leaks, etc are almost always overblown.  Its not profitable for them to leak.  They have multiple failsafes that prevent major leaks.  Pipelines arent nearly as risky as drilling ops.  The bigger the pipeline the safer they are.

knabe

we have a pipeline pumping station on our property and they have been great tenants.

though they take up space, they keep everything extremely well maintained, including fencing and gravel roads to the pasture.