obe gentic pathway

Help Support Steer Planet:

ohio_clubby

whats everyone think of the bulls who where your favorites
i thought the two beside hooks look nice obama and american idol i think was the other one

ShowmanQ

Big shocker here, I loved CINCH. Love him everytime I have ever seen him from the day he sold out in Indiana.

vet tech

I loved the Proud Jazz son Sir Patrick....I thought he was preety cool!

farmboy

ShowmanQ said:
Big shocker here, I loved CINCH. Love him everytime I have ever seen him from the day he sold out in Indiana.

cinch. he was my favorite....and he's a shorthorn  :p

seriously though. big boned. had a big butt/hip/clean fronted. i would use him if i wanted a decent SH+ calf or something

Obama looked pretty good as well. there was a purebred angus there that at first look wouldnt have suspected him being a purebred.

bcosu

the angus was good. but my favorite was american idol. he did alot of good and looked really nice for being so mature. i never really had a chance to study them and they weren't all in there when i walked through but those were my favorite. i think cinch should work well downsizing some of those bigger cattle. he's not very big but he puts about everything else together.

Throttle

Cinch looked better in the stall than he did getting to and from it. I thought the best bull there was the Hard Core that topped the Maine sale. Butt, bone, and hair like a clubby carrier, only just a touch bigger than the puds, 60 some percent Maine, and clean. I guess I'm not totally sold on the Hard Cores. They seem like they can be pretty high flanked and gutless as a group, but this one was nice.

The Angus was certainly not what you'd expect from the breed either. Small, stout, real hairy

vet tech

Lautner bought that Hard Core bull....hes called Rock Hard. I really liked him too!

kswlaw

Here is a picture of our bull we displayed this weekend.  His name is Peer Pressure.  He is a Dr Who out of Meyer 734 X MaineAngus cow.  We had a good weekend with a lot of interest.  My wife and I had an awesome time also.  We are going to start collecting him in the near future.  Our flyer will be in the next Show Circiut.  We figured we needed something to support the 'steer habit' of our kids!  lol!!  ;D

Attachments

• Peer Pressure 032009_edited.jpg
    Peer Pressure 032009_edited.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 202

bcosu

the display intrigued me on peer pressure, especially the way he was bred and his picture. unfortunately wasn't able to walk through more than once and he wasn't in there when i could walk. he does look good in his pic though.

kswlaw

We had several individuals stay to watch us walk him out.  There were also many that wanted to touch him.  We allowed them to see what they wanted to see.  Everyone that watched him or touched him appeared to be impressed.  He is very sound and extremely smooth in his front shoulders.  I also like the fact that he is TH free and PHA free. 

bcosu

he does look to be structurally correct from his picture and looks to have a nice set to his hock. it is also a plus to have that much bone without being a TH carrier.