Ohio Beef Expo Show

Help Support Steer Planet:

Haynes Livestock

I'm wanting to show at the Ohio Beef Expo, but no one seems to be able to help me.. do I need to submit an entry form for the open show? If so, where can I find it? Thanks!

linnettejane

i would say its too late to enter...not sure though, but you usually have to register a month in advance at least....

Haynes Livestock

They told me there was an open show... and I've been emailing everyone involved with it for at least a month to find out what to do, and they keep sending me to other people.. who also don't know. I'm aggravated. I wanted to show there..!

OH Breeder

Haynes Livestock said:
They told me there was an open show... and I've been emailing everyone involved with it for at least a month to find out what to do, and they keep sending me to other people.. who also don't know. I'm aggravated. I wanted to show there..!

Ohio Cattlemen's
Association
10600 U. S. Hwy 42
Marysville, OH 43040
614-873-6736
614-873-6835
[email protected]

Call them. Or email in regards to the breed show. That is the only "open show" I know of is the breed show. Most all the animals in the breed show sell in the sale.

Haynes Livestock

I've already contacted them and they told me to get in touch with the Shorthorn rep. Who then told me that they only dealt with the sale and didn't know anything about it. So oh well I guess..

linnettejane

is the catalog out yet???  i havent gotten one yet...if its online, could someone post the link? thanks

OH Breeder

Haynes Livestock said:
I've already contacted them and they told me to get in touch with the Shorthorn rep. Who then told me that they only dealt with the sale and didn't know anything about it. So oh well I guess..

If you call Ron Cronley he is the Ohio State Shorthorn President. He will help you out. Ron will know who to call. He is a nice guy. His number is 937-354-3994. If that doesn't work, let me know, I will get some other names for you.

No LJ the catalog is not out yet that I know of. Cagwin usually is the sale mgr.

Haynes Livestock

Really Zach?? That would be great if it's true for the open show.
OH Breeder, I will definitely contact him tonight. Thank you so much for the help.. because I was really looking forward to showing there and I am going to be disappointed if I don't get to! And if any of you are there I would be very happy to meet you :)

farmboy

are you wanting in the breed show? (bulls, cows, etc)  the open junior show has breed classes, you need your original papers and vet clearance papers, tatoos and all that stuff. if its the open junior show, you can register the day you get there.

Haynes Livestock

I just assumed there was a regular open show. For all ages. Because the rules state that I can't show there in the junior shows because I'm not from Ohio. And in the schedule it mentions breed shows AND a junior show, so I was guessing the breed shows were part of the open show. Maybe that makes sense? But if I can enter when I get there that would be perfect.

OH Breeder

zach said:
are you wanting in the breed show? (bulls, cows, etc)  the open junior show has breed classes, you need your original papers and vet clearance papers, tatoos and all that stuff. if its the open junior show, you can register the day you get there.

The breed show and the junior shows are two different shows. Call Mr Cronley for the Shorthorn information. You can not show in the junior show. You are correct.

shortyjock89

I don't think you'll be able to show there, unless you're a late entry on the sale.

shortyjock89

You could show at the Kentucky Beef Expo in Louisville in another week though. Its junior show is open to all states.

traveling bull

Might call if you have your papers in. Maybe they could fax you a copy. A guy that sold us a steer had papers faxed to The Beef Congress at Indy so we could show. Saw several calves there with fresh ink in their ears.