ohio beef expo

Help Support Steer Planet:

Diamond

Im attending the beef expo sales again this year and need some ideas for a hotel, since the one we stayed in last year was a nightmare. Something close to the expo would be great with a pool and hot tub (that work)
with easy access (my father is handicap so a bit bigger rooms would be better) also if possible, in a better part of the town.

thanks everyone :)

red

Check the Holiday Inn Express off the expo/fairgrounds exit. We stay there for all shows/sales & like it real well.

Red

eskie

We stay at the Motel 6 and have never had a problem and for the two nites with tax it's only $110. Can't go wrong and it's only 10 minutes away.

OH Breeder

red said:
Check the Holiday Inn Express off the expo/fairgrounds exit. We stay there for all shows/sales & like it real well.

Red

THis is a nice hotel but the area your in is not nice. What price range are you looking? I live downtown and will tell you there are alot of options but you may not like the prices. Most of the lower priced ones close to the grounds maybe booked at this point.It doesn't hurt to check THe exit Zach is talking about below is just about 3 miles to the north off the interstate.

Go to discount Hotells.com and check out the bargains on hotels. There are some really nice properties you can get through dscount hotels.com and priceline.

farmboy

continental in. its on down the highway and it was cheap. it wasnt booked when we got there the day of the expo last year

Diamond

well I would rather use my money at the grounds, but the biggest factor is it needs to be wheelchair user friendly for my dad.

OH Breeder

There is Best WEstern about 75 a night that is off of 71N 5 miles to the fairgrounds that folks have had good luck with. It is close to the freeway and few other things. THat area of town is not bad either. I am sure you are aware of the days in right there near the grounds. It is about 60 a night. Anywhere up off the 270 outerbelt is pretty good. What direction are you all coming from?

red

the Holiday Inn Express still has wheelchair access room.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
EX I-71/OH STATE FAIR/EXPO CTR
701 E. HUDSON STREET
COLUMBUS, OH 43211 UNITED STATES
Hotel Front Desk: 1-614-2637725
Hotel Fax: 1-614-2623054

Not the best area but close to fairgrounds & good security.

Red

Diamond

eh not a big fan of the fast food XD any sug. for good places to eat aswell?? thanks for all the help guys

Drew

If you are looking for some extra room the Comfort Inn and Suites has a very spacious rooms, pool?, and a great breakfest all included.  I think it is $130.00 a night but I think it is well worth it for the extra room you get plus the breakfest.  It is off of 161 about 5 to 10 minutes north of the fairgrounds exit.  There is also a gas station close by that sells Diesel which I always have a hard time finding for some reason.  Plus there are a lot of nice resturants close by.  Hope this helps.

fluffer

Go to www.ohiobeefexpo.com and click general information. The hotel that most people will be staying at is the Ramada.  There is a bar there and that is where a lot of people hang out at night.  That is where we usually stay.  It is a little $$$ though.

Fluffer

AJH

Theres a staybridge suites near the airport about 6 miles away. If ya want to stay at a awesome hotel and sleep good go there it's like 89.00-100 a night. Best hotel chain i've ever stayed at. Big, Big Rooms.

red

maybe we could meet at Nelson's bull display? I'm thinking about baking cookies & if Juli doesn't have a coffee maker that too!

Red

Latest posts