Old Sayings

Help Support Steer Planet:

SWMO

My grandmother used to quote  "January Makes 'em  February breaks 'em and March takes 'em." 

I don't know about the livestock but Feburary has about broke me.  No sunshine, feeding loads of hay fighting the mud and the cold alternately.

CAN'T WAIT TIL SPRING!!!

ROAD WARRIOR

Grand dad always said " Keep your eye on anybody that hides behind a badge or a Bible." It's been pretty good advise over the years for the fact that the ones that hide behind them usually have more to hide. RW

Hollywood27

Grandad always told me "You can't win a farting contest if you're afraid to shit your pants!"  Pardon the language it is his quote.

Chap

you can hope in one hand and crap in the other,  tell me which one fills up faster.

justintime

If we had icy conditions, my dad would always say " it was more slippery out than snot on a glass door knob". He has a couple others regarding icy conditions that I will refrain from saying.

stangs13

When talking about something tightly put on...or something

That lid is screwed on tighter than a frogs butt, or that nut is tighter than a frogs butt..etc..haha

shortyjock89

Bawndoh said:
What exactly does "Thats the cats a$$" mean?

You don't even want to know.....lol.

My dad always says that when someone has a dopey lookin smile on that they're "Grinning like a Possum eatin $h!t"

Bawndoh

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Bawndoh said:
What exactly does "Thats the cats a$$" mean?

You don't even want to know.....lol.

My dad always says that when someone has a dopey lookin smile on that they're "Grinning like a Possum eatin $h!t"
But I do!  lol, PM me.

Hofstatter Farms

grandpa always said there are three places you dont want to pee are here(on the farm), thats on the electric fence, into the wind, or in the calvin barn, anywhere else is free game. (he said this to the male gender visitors when they asked to use the facilities)

hamburgman

when everybody else is walking start running, when they start running start walking