Old semen tank

Help Support Steer Planet:

jbw

Found some old semen this week in a buddies tank, and was wondering what it is. If anyone could help it would be appreciated.
-Canadian Salvator
-CGYNE[Maine????]
-Sweetsteaks
-Mint
-Etula

olsun

Salvator was a fullblood simmental.Cygne a fullblood Maine, not used much. Sweetsteaks???. I believe that Mint was also a fullblood Maine, and Etula was a popular fullblood Maine. Etula was the best of what you have listed. He was the sire of a bull called Streamliner. I could be wrong, but I believe that Streamliner was the sire or grandsire of Power Plant. Someone will set me straight if I am wrong. An old man's memory isn't always accurate. At least not mine.

justintime

I used Cygne some many many years ago. His calves were thicker made than from some bulls of the day, but they seemed shorter bodied as well. His females were a little coarser made as well. Etula was one of the longest bodied Maine bulls to ever come across the pond. He was imported by CIAQ, a AI cooperative based in Quebec and they purchased him for use one dairy herds in eastern Canada. He was there for several years before he was actually used much in many beef herds. Streamliner was a son and he was also extremely long bodied.

I also used Canadian Salvador in our Simmental herd and he did leave some excellent daughters. There were better breeding bulls, but he was capable of producing some excellent calves as well. He may be more suited to today as he was criticized at the time for his calves not being tall enough. If my memory is still clear, he sired yellower calves with some white on them. He had a white band on his side as well. I saw him several times in stud, and he was a very attractive bull.

I belive Sweetsteaks and Mint are both Maine sires, but I don't know anything else about them.

yousesteers

I showed a MINT steer one year not the prettiest to look at but he won the carcass show on the rail at the MO State Fair. Mint was a Maine not sure % but he put frame on one

DL

Mint is a 1995 model 3/4 blood Maine bull that traces to Stinger (LFC Mint 078E) -

Etula is the sire of Streamliner whose real name is TWIN CREEK ETULASON - he is the sire of Power Plant out of a Cunia cow

Latest posts