olive oil and ethnic hair supplies???

Help Support Steer Planet:

SRC

what do they do, olive oil and these ethnic hair formulas people are talking about on here. how do you buy them, in an oil spray, foam, gel? do they work? how are they used, as a replacement for what product, or do they work similarly to a product of sullivans? thanks a lot.

gobigorgohome

they come in a spray just as ur typical sullivans final bloom. Pink is an ethnic hair product and it works AMAZING i use that everyday when "popping" my heifers hair it revives the skin and freshens the hair. its cheaper and easier to come by and to be honest i love it 10x more than sullivans it doesnt make the hair too greasy. i would recommend it to every showman/fitter.

OH Breeder

SRC said:
what do they do, olive oil and these ethnic hair formulas people are talking about on here. how do you buy them, in an oil spray, foam, gel? do they work? how are they used, as a replacement for what product, or do they work similarly to a product of sullivans? thanks a lot.

Olive oil is great for relaxing coarse hair. If you roto brush your legs it is always good to use something to help soften the hair. We use what looks like pudding and does an amazing job in softening the hair on the legs. Works great on the tail hair as well.
Pink Oil on show day will add shine and some fluff.
In the winter months though its hard to beat Revive for hair and skin.

nobody

I agree with the above posts.  We use both the pink oil spray and the pudding.  We have had good luck with the pudding stuff, we just comb it in and roto brush everyday.  I have heard people up north have a hard time finding the ethnic products.  Try going to a Beauty Supply store like Sally's.

D

dogger

In winter with their very dry skin we always get along best with Rag Oil cut with sheen.  We let it soak in and then rinse.  Haven't found anything better to moisturize skin and hair.

Blue25

What does a can of pink look like, and how much does it cost, and is pink it's full name

kyfarmgirl10

Heres an idea of what the cans look like i use the Scalp smoother dont really know what others use it sure makes there hair soft.... I attached a picture of the bottle and a heifer i used it on and it made her hair soft and helped tame it to... and the bottle i bought cost about $4

Attachments

• butters.jpg
    butters.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 204
  • pink_2n1soother.jpg
    pink_2n1soother.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 197

flacowman

That luster's stuff in the picture is exactly the stuff I buy yby the case from wally world...great everyday spray

mlazyj

With these products is they're any consern about color . We're showing a red and white hereford cross calf , and a char x BA smokey colored calf . Don't need splashing something black on some clean white.

If your useing something to soften the hair are you still using a adhesive to keep it up on show day ?

I'am learning to fit cows again after not  doing it for 30 years.

Thanks to all those that share , my kids and I appreciate it.

flacowman

The oil will not affect color at all except maybe a little more dirt will stick to them if you go overboard with it.  And you're softening the hair to train it and keep it manageable, and yes, you'll still use adhesives on showday in most cases

Latest posts