Olympic Hockey

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Heifer

And isn't it funny how most of the foreign athletes TRAIN in the United States??  I guess that should be a feather in our cap. I have never understood how an athlete can live in the US, train in the US, and yet ski for Jamica or Canada. And yes, I understand about dual citizenship. It still doesn't seem to make sense. The one skier even said "I couldn't get on the US team due to my past, so I went and tried out for the Canadian team."  Not sure about other countries statistics but it sure seems like there are alot of US athletes on other countries teams.

Frostback, sorry didn't mean to step on any toes. The article I read said that the coach was disappointed in the "star goalie" allowing the US to score 5 goals, so he thought it might be best to try another one. I don't neccessarily blame the goalie, heck, isn't there other skaters that allowed the puck to get that close to the goal??
I was just pointing out that apparently he was the only one on the ice when the US scored (ok, I will explain. To me, a team sport is just that a TEAM sport. You can't just blame one person on the team, ie: goalie, for the loss. It was a TEAM loss.) 

frostback

So does that mean Canada should not let US skiers to ever come up to train then? They go all over the world to ski different runs. The Canadians have just as good or better hills up north and they share them with open arms, they are not worried that someone else may get an advantage being there. 

DL

The USA hockey team played a great game - they were fast and everyone did their job. Our goalie was FABULOUS - we deserved to win and we did. Brodeur was a great goalie but he has not been all that good of late, either with NJ or at the Olympics - he may make the hall of fame for past performances but letting in 5 of 23 shots (OK last one was empty net) is a really poor percentage of saves...The US women made the finals - that should be a good game vs Canada

Show Heifer

frostback said:
So does that mean Canada should not let US skiers to ever come up to train then? They go all over the world to ski different runs. The Canadians have just as good or better hills up north and they share them with open arms, they are not worried that someone else may get an advantage being there. 

All I can say in response is many blame the accident on the luge run on the lack of access to the track before the Olympics. Many countries have questioned the lack of access to the ski courses and luge track for training purposes before the Olympics.
But your from Canada, and I am not. So lets just say "eh" and leave it at that.