One eyed jack simmi bulk

Help Support Steer Planet:

korytm

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with bull or pics of some calves.

Lucky_P

Have used his sire, Shear Pleasure; like the calves so far, more to come. Will be using him again.
Have no idea why one-eyed Jack came out of the gate at $100/unit - nothing about him that would make me spend that $$$, over his sire - or almost any other baldy on the market.

FriedgesCharolais

I had the opportunity to talk to Rodger Allen about this bull because he owns part of him. What he told me is that he feels he is going to be a breed changer. I have seen some pictures of calves out of him and they look really  good at an early age, but time will really tell. Rodger told me Trennepohl's best calves this year are half-bloods out of him. I personally do not take what Rodger Allen says very lightly because they guy flat out knows cattle, and yes i know he owns part of this bull so he is going to talk him up, but he is also the guy that found Power Drive and we all know how that bull was a breed changer! You can go on thier website, just google Allen 5x farm and you should be able to find it.

firesweepranch

Lucky_P said:
Have used his sire, Shear Pleasure; like the calves so far, more to come. Will be using him again.
Have no idea why one-eyed Jack came out of the gate at $100/unit - nothing about him that would make me spend that $$$, over his sire - or almost any other baldy on the market.

Same here, just too high period. Seems to be the trend with the new bulls on the Simmi market, go high at first and see what they get. Too many good ones out there to use that are cheaper... and proven.

Lucky_P

Right, FSR.
We're a commercial cow-calf outfit - no showring stuff, and I seriously doubt anyone would ever be interested in any of my cattle as a show prospect.  I'm unlikely to pay above $40-$50/unit - and much prefer to be in the $20-$25 range.
That said, my wife is on a tear about JF Milestone;  at $200/unit, it's unlikely that *I* would plunk it down - but if she wants to try a cane, it's OK with me.  Good looks AND performance, from a commercial standpoint;  I'd be hoping for all heifers, but I'm sure - no, I know - she'd like to get a good blaze-faced bull calf to use as a potential terminal sire to turn out on the cows...