open bar vs yardley fortune

Help Support Steer Planet:

jbzdad

have a purebred maine sire ali.. dam is fear this outa with doctor cow...needs more rib and clean up front... I am considering Open Bar and Yardley fortune ... any other thoughts?

noticed open bar BW kinda high.. any experience out there with calving open bar
thanks

olsun

I don't know a thing about Yardly Fortune, but have used Open Bar, and I really like him. Have not yet had any problem calving Open Bar from mature cows. I am also very impressed with the Ohlrich's . I like their cattle and they are good people.

maine_man

Open Bar is a great bull to add performance, power, and he should clean up the front end but I don't think he will add extra rib. The Yardley bull goes back to TLM Bouncer who has plenty of rib. Using Fortune (or Bouncer) should give you the rib shape your looking for but might not be as clean fronted as Open Bar. I have heard there is a JDS Tuxedo that is working really well on Ali females.

TYD

I have never used him but gucci seems like the type of bull who would do both of those for you

jbzdad

appreciate the answers... nice to know about open bar ... will prolly go with fortune... trying for females but bulls should be decent steers or maybe marketable as bulls