Open to the World Fat Steer Show Grand Champion $10,000!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Open to the World

Not at all  :)  Florida is a bit far for a  lot of people, but the payout sure is awesome.  It should be an exciting experience with our first go at it!

Open to the World

Gators Rule said:
Are we registering for a "slot" or are we literally registering a specific steer?

You are registering for a slot.  You can indicate a specific steer if desired, or you can just leave the tag/tat portion of the entry blank and bring any calf of your choosing in January. 

vc

I got to thinking how long would it take a calf from another country to get to the show? You would probably have to start the paperwork process now. If you were allowed to bring the animal, how long do they have to stay in quarantine? What do you think the over all cost would be to bring a steer show it and more than likely have to ship it back with you?

shortyjock89

This show is a cool idea.....but almost anyone who is anyone in the steer deal will have scheduling conflicts because of NWSS.  Also, a lot of your best steers that time of year are going to be at Ft. Worth. Really cool idea, I hope it goes well for you.

Open to the World

We know that not everyone will be able to attend who would like to, but you have to start somewhere.  And with a $10,000 and $5,000 jackpot for Grand and Reserve, I wouldnt want to miss it for the world.

Some things to consider...
1 - Anyone can show.....period.
2 - Anyone can fit.
2 - There may be a lot of calves not going to Denver for whatever reason, or your backup calf can come to this show.  There are a lot of ways to look at this.  We are meant to compete with Denver by any means.

Open to the World

Both....the problem is that we probably will not be able to get Bartow.  Kissimmee is a super nice facility.  We are working on this aspect now.  We're considering a hand full of other locations as well, but those seem to be the best 2 options.

Open to the World

I agree....it is amazing.  But it may not hold as many animals as other places.  We are looking into solutions for that though.  We also want to have a livestock evaluation contest this year...I'm excited about that!  UF may partner with us on that venture.

Open to the World

Entry forms and flyers now available.  Email [email protected] to get a copy.  Please feel free to ask any questions, give comments, or even suggestions - we are always open to hear them.  :)

Brandi
Steer Jox Productions

Open to the World

The show is getting a lot of attention.  Ive been sending out entries to  all over the country...Texas, Indiana, Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri....and the list keeps going.  Dont forget to email [email protected] and I will forward to you a flyer and entry form!

Brandi
Steer Jox Productions