Opinion on young heifer for county show

Help Support Steer Planet:

beauford

Give me some opinions on this heifer she is a late march calf will she work in a small county fair in florida

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 139

jbzdad

I kinda like the coloring... she shas a nice straight topline and looks like her feet all point the same direction...I assume you raised her and want to show one you raised... If her temperment is good I think that could be a fun project for you.. seems like there could be a lot of satisfaction showing one you have raised

But... Although she is put together pretty well I don't think she has the power (thickness) to compete against the monopolies etc..although we don't eat bone her legs seem really frail

..also although her coloring is "cute" I think it will probably work against her in serious competition.You know the level of competition there much better than I.. nice heifer and good luck !

jbzdad

This is a March I have posted here before I think you can see the difference in thickness ... and she probably can't compete against the TH positive crew.. I think she will do well as a high percentage Maine (which she is)

Attachments

• finally.jpg
    finally.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 128