Opinions needed!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

cattleboy

Here is a picture of my simmental bull. He is about 10 months old and growing quickly. I am still unsure about how he looks. One day I'm in love, the next I want to cut him to a steer. I know he breaks behind his shoulder and maybe a little straight legged and I can't do anything about that. The picture isn't of that great of quality but please let me know what you think! His mother is also pictured. I'm a little upset because she didn't stick when AIed last year. I should have had her pasture exposed but there was no readily available bull so we lost a year on her.

Attachments

• DSC00040.JPG
    DSC00040.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC00035.JPG
    DSC00035.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC00070.JPG
    DSC00070.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 136

OH Breeder

What about him would you like to keep in a bull? What about him would you like to pass on to your calves? Those are the questions I ask myself when looking at bull calves. I had one this year that I would love to leave a bull. But, I know what's behind him on birthweight. The last thing we need is more birthweight.
I think from the pictures he is okay. I am not seeing anything exceptional but I also don't know his breeding and what your goal is.

cattleboy

well my main breeding program is to develop great momma cows that still have shape, structure, and bone. I want to produce some good show string material also. This bull however will be mainly a herd bull on about 10 crossbred cows. They aren't great show stock but I'm hoping this bull will bring out the best qualities in both.