Opinions on Calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

bird_dog

Calf is out of JPJ. Currently weighs 1275. Still need to get him clipped. Show is in two weeks

Attachments

• Julio1.jpg
    Julio1.jpg
    778.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Julio2.jpg
    Julio2.jpg
    687.8 KB · Views: 141
  • Julio3.jpg
    Julio3.jpg
    645 KB · Views: 149
  • Julio4.jpg
    Julio4.jpg
    725 KB · Views: 142

simmyman67

Big thick, nice topped, square and good. I just don't care for his shoulders and he looks like he is toeing out in his front feet, but sometimes with steers they can fix that when they trim hooves.

vc

He looks good, you did a fine job getting him where he needs to be. He looks like he has power, width, and depth, without seeing a strait on profile and his head being up high I will not make any judgement on his structure.

Good luck

twistedhshowstock

I think he is a really nice steer, lot of shape and dimension to him. Looks like he could be a little straight in the front but without a full on profile pic that is hard to judge.  Does appear he toes out slightly on front but I would not be worried about that, in fact its natural.  That slight toe out provides some cushion for the knees, ones whose front feet point perfectly forward eventually have issues most of the time.  In fact look at yourself, stand naturally and look down at your feet, they turn out slightly. The majority of the people whose feet dont turn out slightly almost always have knee pain and joint problems, and if your pigeon toed you might as well hang it up.
But back to the steer, I think he is a real good one that you should be proud of.

Latest posts