Opinions on County Steer..(The good & Bad)

Help Support Steer Planet:

Simmymom1

Show is in 20 days and the calf is weighing at 1250 Lbs. right now.  Let me know what you think about him.  Thanks for the comments ahead of time!  Lisa

Attachments

• P3300465.1.JPG
    P3300465.1.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 263

Bawndoh

He looks really good  (clapping).  I would not really change much.  Maybe lengthen out that hip, and stoughten his lower quarter up a bit, as he toes out a little.  Great color, adorable little girl, and nice looking steer!

SlickTxMaine

Forgot to ask....did  your daughter win Grand in Wharton last year?  In our county, if you win grand, you can not show the same type animal the next year.  Just curious as I'm not too far from you.  Good luck again!

Simmymom1

;D  She did win Grand Champion Steer in Wharton last year.  That is the steer in my avatar.  We do not have any rules stating that you can not show the same kind of animal the next year if you did get Grand.  I think that is a good rule to have, but it just does not apply for our county.  She was over the top with excitement with her win last year!  I think she is more nervous this year than last because of that win!

herefordfootball

That steer looks like a meat wagon!!! Really powerful! Maybe strengthen his top up, and a tick more lower quarter, but other than that, she should do real well with him!!! I wish our fair had the rule SlickTxMaine mentioned...:(

Edit: Forgot to add that he's got one CLEAN front on him!!!