Opinions on Heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

texas111

This is a Mommas Boy heifer.  She is currently bred to an ALi son.  I would like opinions on her and what i should breed her to.  She is fresh out of the pasture and not been fed any feed besides breeder cubes here and there.  I currently own the following seman: Duff New Edition, 3C Picasso, Boardwalk and JT an American bull. I am thinking of breeding her to The situation or Boardwalk for her 2nd calf.  any opinions would be appriciated. 

Attachments

• heifer1comp.jpg
    heifer1comp.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 156
  • heifer2comp.jpg
    heifer2comp.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 153

kalend

Boardwalk. I've seen similar framed females bred to him and the calves come smoothly and fill out nicely

texas111

Its hard to believe there isnt any one else out there with something positive or negative to say about this heifer.  What are her pros and cons?

twistedhshowstock

Its really hard to tell anything from those pics.  She looks like a good complete heifer, good bone, pretty sound etc.  She could be bigger middled but the feeding could have a lot to do with that.  It looks like she may get a little steep hooks to pins, but at the same time could just be the pic and way she is standing, either way it isnt terribly bad even if she does a little.  Is she nasty tempered? Just wondering because of the ring in her nose.
I dont know if there are any Situation calves on the ground yet? He is pretty new and I dont believe semen was offered long ago enough to have anything quiet hitting the ground yet, but I could be wrong.  I do have him in 2 cows, one fairly stout papered Angus cow, and a fairly small framed brangus type cow that just wondered up to our place a few years ago and nobody has claimed, yet nobody really wants to sell.  I have been intrigued by the situation.  I think he is really cool designed, and shapely enough that they slicked him for some of his promo pics.  I am thinking he may work on some Americans. 
From what you have said you have in the tank and what you are thinking, I would say Boardwalk, The Situation, or JT.  I am assuming your in Texas and the Americans are hot, I think JT would def throw the American characteristic in her.  I think Boardwalk will stouten and style her up a little, but definately leave you in the exotics, so I wonder if he is enough to compete there.  I think I would probably personally throw the situation on her, just because I am excited to see what he is gonna do.

texas111

Thanks for the reply.  I know the pics are not the best.  She is not bad tempered.  The ring in her nose is a weaning ring.  It was the first time i had used one of those.  It seemed to work fairly well in keeping her off her mother.  Iam in Texas and thinking of trying JT, but I am also exited to see how boardwalk would work on her.  I wonder if the boardwalk calf would be big enough to slick for Houston,  or would it have to be a FT Worth calf.  I also thought she looked pretty good, but I own her so I wanted some outside oppinions.  Thanks for the words of wisdom.    (thumbsup)