Opinions on Sim bull One Eyed Jack

Help Support Steer Planet:

Gcattle

We are good friends with the Long family. One Eye Jack is one of the most complete Sim bulls on the market. He looked amazing on summer range last yr breeding cows.

Till-Hill

He is a bull on my radar. He is coming on his 2nd calf crop. It will be next year before we see milking daughters. He is his dam's first calf. He is double bred Legacy.

In order to use a bull to flush I'd need the bull's dam to of had 3-4 calves. Seen milking daughters of him. Just to much gamble for me.

We had 4-5 Long Shear Pleasure's here and on a custom AI job. C-Section, 2 runts that never grew and a dang nice calf. To much variation for me. He sure looked the part tho.

One Eyed Jack comes from a cow family they much really like as his dam and grand dam have been flushed.

ferkj

Trennepols sold quite a few Jack daughters in their Nov sale. All were good sound structured and looked to make good cows. The %bred ones caught my eye more than the full bloods did.  A son out him was high seller. He will prob add a touch of frame to the avg size angus cow but nothing extreme. As far as thickness the calves there were better than avg but i don't know how thick the cows were. IMO he definetly isn't gonna hurt you. Your best bet is to call Scott and talk to him.  He will tell what worked the best. Great bunch of guys!