Opinions on steer

Help Support Steer Planet:

rrblack78

<nopics>first time posting. Can I get some opinions on my sons county steer...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 151

SlickTxMaine

Does your county show by breed? 
Our show is small and the american steers have to show against the exotics.  Up hill battle!  He looks to have good depth for an american steer.  But, I'm concerned by his front feet.  Is he just standing funny, or does he always stand back on his heels that way?  Looks like he needs a trim - did he founder?

rrblack78

That is the best pic I have of him on my phone. It was before his feet where trimmed. Our county show is a market show by weight. Also slick shear. The February weather in Texas is nuts and we started his hair cut to cool him off so he would eat. Now we have to finish shearing him and try to keep him eating. This pic may be better but his feet are under him a little to much.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 142

SlickTxMaine

He looks like one that will really pack it on.  Where do you show?  And, welcome to the Planet!

rrblack78

Thank you for your reply. We show in southeast Texas. As you can see by the blue ear tag we have him entered in Houston but we are on the fence about going. He is our family's first steer and we have no idea what we are doing and it only cost $50 total total to enter him so we did. Now it's more clear to us what actually goes into a major show we realize we are just not ready for that lol but we have heard you will learn more at the bottom of the class at  a major than winning a county so we will probably go.