Opinions on these two heifers???

Help Support Steer Planet:

TOP 50

Our daughter is going to take one of these two heifers for 4-H which one would you pick? Would love to hear what you think.
Thanks

First heifer is Boyd Worldwide 9050 ET

Second heifer is Harvie Revolution (Remintall Online son)

Attachments

• Camera Clean off October 16, 2011 035edited.jpeg
    Camera Clean off October 16, 2011 035edited.jpeg
    931.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Camera Clean off October 16, 2011 040edited.jpeg
    Camera Clean off October 16, 2011 040edited.jpeg
    1,021.7 KB · Views: 159

aandtcattle

I personally like them both.  I would definitely show the heifer in the top pic.  The one in the bottom pic is still good and I like her potential as a cow but is too leathery fronted to show.  That top heifer is a good hooch! <cowboy>

twistedhshowstock

I think they are both pretty good heifers.  As far as leather I think they are both about the same, to me if anything the top one has a tad bit more extra skin up front, but they will grow into some of that so I dont think it is an issue for either.  But I have to agree, if you are choosing one to show I would go with the top heifer.  She seems to be better haired, maybe a little deeper flanked, and is squarer out of the hip and tail head. All in all she just looks more showy than the bottom heifer, but I wouldnt be afraid to put either of them in the 4-H show.

TOP 50

We appreciate the comments they will be goin to our local fall show up here in about 2 weeks, so we will see how they behave and go from there. She is 9 and has been a cloverbud for 3 years so she will still probably go with the quieter one.

Will

Two really nece calves.  With my nine year old we would go with the easiest to work with.