Opinions on this bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bawndoh

As a professional photographer, I do NOT see any photoshop in this photo at all!  AT ALL.  If you are going to be so harsh on a couple of extra inches of skin on a chin and neck, then I think you are taking it pretty far.  It is different if that skin is loaded with lard, but it is just loose skin.  Not something to really push a bull of this quality to the bottom for.  I think that those particular breeders throwing $50K down for this bull speaks for itself.  When is the last time you threw $50K out on nothing special?

cwbyup62

You are right, I apologize to all of the ten year old females on this board that were offended.

Mark

jackpotcattle

Bawndoh said:
As a professional photographer, I do NOT see any photoshop in this photo at all!  AT ALL.  If you are going to be so harsh on a couple of extra inches of skin on a chin and neck, then I think you are taking it pretty far.  It is different if that skin is loaded with lard, but it is just loose skin.  Not something to really push a bull of this quality to the bottom for.  I think that those particular breeders throwing $50K down for this bull speaks for itself.  When is the last time you threw $50K out on nothing special?
[/quote ]

I don't know what the bull pictured sold for, but that is not the $50K bull from 3C. He is the one pictured in my profile.

knabe

LN said:
You get offended over people bashing your work, but in your rebuttal you manage to offend an entire gender.

I'm just sayin...

Ellen Tom
Formerly a little girl

i want to be offended too.  wah. 

kanshow

(clapping)
i want to be offended too.  wah.
  (thumbsup) as my youngest would say..  you stink like poop.  Is that offensive enough!!  (thumbsup)

inthebarnagain

cwbyup62 said:
First of all let me say that this is Mark Sneed, I do not hide behind phony names so you will know who is writing this and I am not afraid to say my name. Second of all this might be the most enlightened group of evaluaters I have ever seen or heard,  I have been in this business for 30 years and every time I come on one of these forums, I seem to learn a great deal about things that I have never heard.  I am certainly not sure that I have the intelegence to join this group, but as my name and work seems to get thrown around here a great deal by people afraid to sign their name, I thought I should say something at this point. 

evaluators, intelligence.  Actually you would fit right in with some of this group, not everyone uses spell check either.  Personally I don't think you have the right attitude to be in this group, we usually don't take very well to people who have a chip on their shoulder.  If you will read carefully you will see that no one said you photo-shopped the leg, they said they didn't like the way the bull stood on his own, not anything you did or didn't do. 

Lisa Hall

Bawndoh

I am surprised at this group.  I am really surprised!  Mark is one of the most prolific livestock photographers in the US, has been doing it for 30 years (as he said) and was simply and absolutely defending HIS OWN work.  What would you expect from him??  One person claims that since the bull looks a little different, then he MUST be photoshopped....and then all others follow suit.  Mark explained his photographic technique, and the others'.  He was honest, and let us all know, despite our behavior on here sometimes, that we are an excellent group of individuals with a vast array of intelligence of all kinds! 
Now I am not going to go name-calling.  But I am really VERY shocked at the attitudes of some of the people on this board.  I am shocked that some would dip that low and talk that rudely about prolific members of the livestock industry!  It is times like this that I wish Red could be here to technologically slap everybody on the hand, and remind us of why we are supposedly such a great community on steerplanet!

SWMO

I think you have the patience of a saint if you worked with the bull for 45 minutes.  That is an eternity in photography with animals.  Great photo of an animal.

inthebarnagain

He has every right to defend his work, which is very good work, but he doesn't need to be a smart *** about it when he defends it and insinuate that anyone who didn't like it is a hypercritical idiot. 

No one likes being insulted, so if you feel your work was, explain your work or whatever was insulted and move on, don't insult everyone as a retaliation. 

Most of the people on here are old enough to act like adults, not a bunch of name calling children.

LN

inthebarnagain said:
He has every right to defend his work, which is very good work, but he doesn't need to be a smart *** about it when he defends it and insinuate that anyone who didn't like it is a hypercritical idiot. 

No one likes being insulted, so if you feel your work was, explain your work or whatever was insulted and move on, don't insult everyone as a retaliation. 

Most of the people on here are old enough to act like adults, not a bunch of name calling children.

Bravo!

knabe

evaluators, intelligence.  Actually you would fit right in with some of this group, not everyone uses spell check either.  Personally I don't think you have the right attitude to be in this group, we usually don't take very well to people who have a chip on their shoulder.  If you will read carefully you will see that no one said you photo-shopped the leg, they said they didn't like the way the bull stood on his own, not anything you did or didn't do. 

Lisa Hall
[/quote]

"we?"  wahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

those who seek to be insulted will be insulted.

i challenge everyone to evaluate their lives and see if they have ever called anyone a name ever.  it's pretty clear that by saying someone is a hypocritical idiot, you are falling prey to your own circular logic.  this attitude is why people who excel in their fields don't post because they are held to a higher and higher standard than those throwing stones.  what does it matter if someone called someone a name on a discussion site or in the field or under their breath, it's all the same.  grow some skin.  maybe some females are still 10.  he called me a name, wahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.  can "we" all get together and develope a 50.000000001% majority and ride that person out of town please. wahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha.  where's my mommy, i mean daddy.  wahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahah

can wahahahahahahaha already wahahahahahahaha feel wahahahahahahaha the wahahahahahahaha response wahahahahahahaha.

FAIL

herefordfootball

Bawndoh said:
I am surprised at this group.  I am really surprised!  Mark is one of the most prolific livestock photographers in the US, has been doing it for 30 years (as he said) and was simply and absolutely defending HIS OWN work.  What would you expect from him??  One person claims that since the bull looks a little different, then he MUST be photoshopped....and then all others follow suit.  Mark explained his photographic technique, and the others'.  He was honest, and let us all know, despite our behavior on here sometimes, that we are an excellent group of individuals with a vast array of intelligence of all kinds! 
Now I am not going to go name-calling.  But I am really VERY shocked at the attitudes of some of the people on this board.  I am shocked that some would dip that low and talk that rudely about prolific members of the livestock industry!  It is times like this that I wish Red could be here to technologically slap everybody on the hand, and remind us of why we are supposedly such a great community on steerplanet!

Defending your work and insulting people are two VERY different things. When you work in a field where your product is going to be viewed by a vast amount of people expect to be critcized. I do not argue that he does prolific work, but no matter how good your work is people are going to criticize or make fun of or just plain insult it. But the person who produces the work should know that when millions of people are looking at their work there might be a few that think it isnt good work no matter how perfect it is. I'm just saying you could have a pile of gold and some people are going to call it a pile of junk.

herefordfootball

Oh and by the way I'm sick and tired of people going back and forth about this subject (myself being one of them), lets just all grow up and let the water flow under the bridge.

knabe

seems like a bull with some lower quarter in a simmi. the simmi's i've seen steers of pretty much have none there.  course my sample set is very small.

cwbyup62

Re: Opinions on this bull
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 12:39:07 PM »
The second picture has been digitally edited. I know most photos are now a days. They cleaned up his neck a tick if you look close you will see it. The first picture he looks deep sided but shorter bodied. Plenty of flesh in the throat latch but that is common for the Simmi's (as you know LinZ).

This was not true by the way, the bull simply had his head held higher to stretch his neck, much like every showman does in a show ring for the very same reason.

There were two or three other posts on this thread very similar to this also. so please do not say that no one was criticizing my work or saying what was or was not done to a photo.  I do not mean to get on here and criticize or belittle anyone.  I used to really enjoy these boards, which I think this is probably the best one out here right now, but I would have never known any of this was even being said about me if a friend had not called me and tell me that I really needed to get on here and defend myself.  The reason I don't get on these anymore is because a great deal of the information that people put out on here is simply not reliable.  I think there are some really great posters that try to post informative things and help solve problems and that is the way they should work.  Then there are some like a gentleman from Ohio that I will be trying to find and get some idea of why he is telling people he knows me so well and that he has done business with me and that my pictures are not legit, he has been emailing  people on this this week, and I have never met the man, nor do I even know who he is.  I do not consider this a reliable source, but if the people he was emailing were not already doing business with me, they might have believed him and that could effect my business.  That is not a very good thing for anyone to be doing in my opinion.  The bottom line is this, I am doing everything that I can to run a good, fair business that helps my customers.  I have always tried to be helpful to anyone who asked, whether they did business with me or not.  Just like when Red went camera shopping, I did not even know who she was, but I tried to point out some alternatives for her in her area.  I know of many very intelligent people in the cattle business that simply will not come on these boards because they know that someone will stand up for their American right and start criticizing them.  These are smart people who could be a big help and will not get involved because of situations like this.  I have been criticized all of my life, for the most part have gotten pretty thick skinned about it and don't care anymore.  My father used to say that as long as you go to bed with a clean conscious every night, you will be ok, but don't expect to ever make mistakes, and that is how I try to live.  I hate the fact that anyone is upset with me for what I have written on here as I mean to offend anyone, that is never my goal.  But please, do not come on here and say that no one was criticizing my work and talk about what I have done or not done unless you know the truth for fact.  Whether it is me or anyone else, there is probably going to be said by the person being accused to defend themselves.  I guess my grandfather said it best, he was a horse trainer and he always said,"Don't throw the s--t in the fan, some of it will probably land back on you".  When people start making false accusations about someone, they are probably going to get something said back.  

For those of you who have been offended, I truly apologize.  For those of you who have made false statements about me and my work, well, have a good day.

Mark

cwbyup62

As I am human, I meant to "don't expect to never make any mistakes"  and in the next sentence " I never meant to offend anyone" would be more correct.

knabe

hmmm

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2007/05/outside_at_the_/

Sound (ahem) implausible? Look at the picture at right of test subjects getting the LRAD treatment. And take it from me: today at the Mock Riot, Scott Stuckey from American Technology Corp dialed the LRAD down to one of its lowest settings and swept it past me. It was like having a hundred nagging girlfriends in my brain screaming at me. Very unpleasant.

maybe we should all comment on how offensive this comment is on the comment section on that site.

and mark, just to be humorous, your last response turns out to be a double negative if you remove the punctuation. ;D