Our steer

Help Support Steer Planet:

firesweepranch

What do you think of our steer? He is a purebred Simmental bred and owned! We are quite happy with him  ;D He is an April born, 1,000 plus pounds, by Dominator. We will probably take him to South Central Regionals and maybe Nationals if he does well this Spring. Not bad considering we have no auction for the kids to sell at, and he will end up in our freezer  ;)

Attachments

• charlie 1211.jpg
    charlie 1211.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 395
  • charlie 1211B.jpg
    charlie 1211B.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 381

ruhtram

Looks like a really nice steer! I always respect a good red steer

firesweepranch

Gargan said:
he was born april, 2011 and is over 1000 lbs now? wow. good looking calf btw!!
Yea, he is a porker! He loves his feed, and converts very well! He was 80 pounds at birth on April 1st (first calf heifer - by Shear Force) and has gained great. He eats between 30 and 35 pounds of winter creep a day, plus a flake of good quality hay. He cleans most of it up. Like I said, a porker! This is our fourth steer we have raised since we got into showing heifers, and certainly the best eater and gainer. We castrated him when we weaned him in the beginning of November, needed one less bull around and a steer to feed out. I think I am going to breed the cow back the same way next Spring! Hope for a heifer!
Thanks for the comments, nice to hear what others think!

firesweepranch

We thought about the Gold Buckle, but he might be a little stale by then. When do they have to DNA/nose print for it?