Over Due heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

jjlopez

She is taking her sweet time showing signs. I go and check up on her every day. And every time I see her most of the time all I see is the clear mucus. Just recently she had a small amount of brownish discharge. I hope it's close. I've noticed that she is starting to laydown more. When I would go and check up on her right before I went to bed she was always just standing in one spot. When I saw her last night I noticed she was laying down. When she got up I saw that she had been licking at her udder. Another thing Ive noticed is her rectum looks more sunken in and she tends to stand hunched over a little more. She is giving me to many mixed signals and is driving me insane. Lol. I already have plans to take her to the vet if nothing happens this weekend.

Cattle Cards

I have a heifer that will calve in 2 months.  She'll be 23 months of age when she calves.  She looks like she could pop next week!  Know when she'll clave as she was AI'd once and never exposed to a bull.  For the life of me, I'd think you'd know...Sorry you're having such a time.  I agree, have someone palate her.

jjlopez

As the days keep going by my anxiety increases. I had a dairy farmer come take a look at her. He saw that her vulva is starting relax and he used a stethoscope to listen for a heart beat and he told me that he believes there's a calf in there! Im hoping he's right! He's gonna come to check on her again Monday. Her discharge seems to be more yellowish now.