Pannel Mr. 734

Help Support Steer Planet:

BLRanch

Could someone help me out with what Pannel Mr. 734 is on the bottom side of his pedigree? I could only find a picture but no pedigree.

Cattle Cards

You are entirely welcome, BL Ranch.  I forgot to ask where in WI you were.  Did you notice my profile pic?  It's me and my Generation III heifer at the WI State Fair.  I grew up between Lancaster and Fennimore on K...later we moved to Chippewa Falls.

BLRanch

I did notice that! But I actually live about an hour North of Chippewa on 53.

Cattle Cards

Do you have Simmental?  Have you been doing it for a while?  My dad, Dan was in Cadott until about 6 years ago...my brother, also Dan, was in Rice Lake and then between Ladysmith and Holcombe until about 8 years ago...they both had Simmental.

Lucky_P

CC - nice photo.  me likee.
I used Generation III back in the late '80s - had one halfblood Gen III cow, out of an Angus cow, that was perhaps the very best cow I ever owned - kept producing 'til she was 18.  Never missed, but aborted that last calf about halfway through the pregnancy, and it was time for her to go.
I'd use him again, in a heartbeat, if it weren't for the color dilution gene.

Cattle Cards

Thanks Lucky_P.  I got to breed 10 cows to Generation III that one year.  I picked 3 calves in my showstring; heifer, county fair steer and state fair steer.  Out of 100+ calves, all three were sired by Generation III from those 10 breedings.  All the same look, color, etc.  Loved them all and they all won.