peanut butter as a protien supplement

Help Support Steer Planet:

TJB73

Has anyone heard of using peanut butter for protein supplement it comes in a 55 gallon drum if so where do you get it i would like to try it thanks in advance

aj

I've heard of a case were someone used dog as a protein supplement in a cattle ration. It got his cost down. However this was illegal cause there were animal by products in the dog food. This is ok for dogs but you can't hardly feed tthe old bloodmeal and bonemeal anymore to cattle. Haven't heard of the peanut butter deal it may be a passive agressive move toward a viable option. This feed is getting HIGH!

RidinHeifer

I looked into peanuts this winter for my lambs. It seems to be a very good option to increase protein. For cattle it would probably be easier and cleaner to do the whole peanuts plus you'd get some extra fiber from the shells. I would think that would be cheaper too. I ended up giving my heifer the small bag I had bought since the lambs would only eat the shell and spit out the nut. She loved them! I found some places online that sold 50 pound bags of them.
Just another thought-sunflower seeds and safflower seeds they are both high in protein