Peer Pressure, My Turn

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Steaks

nck21 said:
So PP is safe on heifers? If they are consistently under 80 pounds I might try him on my heifer.

carefully there its not all about weight.. gotta watch out for the square peg round hole syndrome of the clubby industry  <rock>

i like peer pressure, bred fairly maternally and has white on the face with a great neck

furinsilex

we are trying some peer pressure. Joe brought it down the other day kinda of excited to try it on some of my meyer influenced females shooting for heifer calves

forbes family farms

Peer Pressure works on big framed cows i talked to Bill F. the breeder and he said he used him on his big framed cows and some others but the best were his big framed cows.

Buckeyearcher

We have had some good luck with both these bulls.  We have used My Turn the last 2 years and been very pleased.  Had approximately 15 My Turns the last 2 year and been pleased enough to use again.  We will continue to use.  This is the first year we used Peer Pressure and he was a calving ease bull for us.  Calves are structurally sound.  Heifers came out a bit fine boned but they are growing well and they look like they will have adequate bone as mommies.  He does throw some white around the head on some calves.  I would also say he will clean up the neck on a cow also if that is what you need.  I know PP is going to be promoted as a heifer bull and rightfully so as everyone who has walked our pasture has liked his heifers, but one of our best steers is out of him as well.  The steer is out of a stout Impulse x Iceman cow who need prettied up and he did it.  So, I might suggest if you have some rugged Maine influenced cows that need some style PP might be a good choice.

BovineGirl

For a first year bull I am very impressed with Peer Pressure, glad to hear that others that have tried him are having some pretty awesome babies too. I thought maybe I just got the good straws! LOL!