Perfect Storm (Red Angus)..

Help Support Steer Planet:

Red Cow Relocators

The ones that I have seen have been pretty good. A daughter sold for $27,000 to Sullivan and another sold for $10,000 and was Res. Ca;lf Ch in 2012 at Houston, Another sold for $6,500 as well. He is deceased now and semen is in limited supply. We sold semen for them in our "Reds on the Rocks" sale in Denver and it brought $240 a straw. RCR

BTDT

Not many offspring unless you go to tree lane.  Which would lead me to believe he was either a "sleeper" or they have "protected" him by using him on a select group of cows to get "great" offspring. Nothing wrong with either management system, but he is a 2009 bull, so should have been breeding in 2010 and have calves on the ground in 2011. The daughters should be in production now.

I saw him. Seems pretty straight on the rear legs, and just didn't stride well.  He did have an impressive top line, and had very little waste up front for carrying the condition he was. 
If you are commercial minded, his EPD's are not great. His milk and TM are horrid. But again, maybe once his daughters get into production. 

A bull very similar to him is Firestorm.  Much more muscle shape and dimension, and solid EPD's.  I am expecting calves from him soon.

That's my opinion on the bulls. Take it for what you paid for it!!  ;D

Tla

I actually used this bull this year. I ai'ed 3 heifers to him. First one came 2 weeks early and I was very happy I used him. The next 2 came full term and they were big. 100 and 120 #. Lost one 2 hours after c section and other was 8 days old and had deformed kidneys and full of fluid. Not sure it's all his fault. This has been a heck of a winter. The calf I still have definitely has all the right pieces.