perry fair steer--heatwave

Help Support Steer Planet:

cornershack

ok in the profile pic he has not had his feet trimmed (did that today) he just had a bath and put on fresh shavings. and she is not done clipping, don't be to hard on the dirt, the second rear pic is before the bath.  and yes he was being contrary about leaving his feet still. in general let me have it.

Attachments

• DSC03902 jerry rear dec 10.jpg
    DSC03902 jerry rear dec 10.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC03903  jerry dec 10.jpg
    DSC03903 jerry dec 10.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 150

vc

I would just keep pouring the feed to him, he still has allot of growing to do, His toes appear to point in the right direction so he should stay sound for you. I would lose that halter and use a rope halter on him, you will find he is easier to control and will respond better to it. I have seen several of those halters break at the chain at the least opportune times.

He is a decent steer with potential just keep working with him.

The ring worm looks like it is healing, I would put some Corona Ointment or Bag Balm on it to accelerate the hair coming back.

Good Luck

(I have come to the conclusion that finding faults with an animal the is already a youth project is like shutting the barn door after the cows are out)

cornershack

thanks, we have been putting bacon grease on. it is just about gone, hair has been growing for several days, i took some more pics today and will post them, we have had 20 degree weather so baths are nearly impossible when the water freezes as soon as it hits concrete. he is on a comercial feed with rolled steamed corn plus rice bran weighed him yesterday and he is 770 gaining 2.25 perday fair is in late august. this picture does not do him justice, he has a tremendous twist. and big level top.