pet peeves!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Rocky Hill Simmental

Here's some of my pet peeves...

-At fairs when you see kids that are like 16 years old and their parents are watering and cleaning up after their cattle for them ALL THE TIME.
-How drunk people untie cattle at night at this one fair I go to and there are no police anywhere.
-When people call steers and bulls "cows" .. I always correct them.  :D
-When people tailgate me.. I always start driving slower to make them late. (I'm mean but I get road rage lol)
-PETA people
-When people take credit for other people's work.

ROAD WARRIOR

Diesle fuel is a byproduct that is left over from gas and it costs more than gas.
People that don't have a clue always end up in a position of authority.
We are forced to vote for the lesser evils in politics.
The government spends thousands of dollars a year protecting me from me (seat belts, Smoking Ban,etc).
Illegal aliens have as many rights in the country as I do.
Good, hard working people are taken advantage of by people that wouldn't work if they had to.
The majority of people believe that food magically appears in a grocery store.
RW

TK Show2win

- Using Gods name in vein/ mocking Jesus

- Impatient, rude people

- Kids who don't work with their steers[halter breaking/daily care]

- People that think their better than others

- Boy crazy girls that cause drama haha they really bug me

kimbaljd

Oh Lord!!!! This is going to take a while! I am just a grumpy old Man.

1. People who smack food/gum or chew with their mouth open.
2. Kids who have no respect for their elders.
3. People driving slow in the fast lane.
4. People swerving all over the road and you pass them and they are on the phone.
5. My daughter leaving her junk in my truck.
6. People who ask a question about a post on here and come to find out if they would have read the whole post the answer was already there.
7. Liberals

Well that is enough for now.

cdncowboy

Definitely the lack of spelling and grammar on internet boards.(even myself at times)
Parents who let their barely teenage, or teenage girls dress up like little street walkers.
People obsessed with whitening their teeth, when your teeth are one of the things visible from the space shuttle their white enough already!!
That the average height of people is supposedly increasing, yet finding tall size clothing seems to be next to impossible.

OH Breeder

afhm said:
just a few include:
junk mail / junk emails
telemarketers
bicyle riders
grammatical / spelling errors
( I know we all have a slip up now and then, but the grammar and spelling on these boards is horrendous)
right lane drivers hogging the left lane
dropped cell phone calls / no service
rubber boots that pull your socks down and even off your feet
people that say they want a calf then never show up to get them or ever hear from them again
rubber checks
smoking and doping

linnettejane

cdncowboy said:
Definitely the lack of spelling and grammar on internet boards.(even myself at times)
Parents who let their barely teenage, or teenage girls dress up like little street walkers.
People obsessed with whitening their teeth, when your teeth are one of the things visible from the space shuttle their white enough already!!
That the average height of people is supposedly increasing, yet finding tall size clothing seems to be next to impossible.

(lol) (lol) (lol)

justintime

Here's just a few;

- people who tear the toilet paper crooked.( I am about as far from being a neat freak as one can get, but this is different.....lol)
- gays who exhibit with each other in public.... like get a room!
- ketchup in those little plastic things you rip open and you get ketchup all over everything but your hamburger. The guy who invented them better stay in hiding for a long time!
- wealthy people who flaunt their status very openly. I am not talking  about fancy cars and million dollar + homes. I would do the same. I am talking about their attitude.
-people who cheat in order to compete. I visited a guys place in early January and his calves had two inches of belly hair. I know for a fact these calves will be 2009 models this fall. ( I wrote down quite a few ear tag numbers!!)
- people who hold grudges ... for ever. Get over it... Get a life!
- rude people( re- read this.. I said RUDE  not NUDE lol)
- people who park in handicap stalls and are perfectly able to walk
-men who abuse women either physically and/or verbally
- women who abuse men either physically and /or verbally
- 100 channels on the TV... and nothing worth watching. ( I am convinced that TV is a media  where you invite people into your house, that if they were to show up at your door... you would not let them in!)
-and last but not least -  BUREAUCRATS WHO MAKE STUPID RULES AND DESIGN RED TAPE.. for things that should be simple. A few years ago, a friend of mine was complaining that the government was laying off a number of people who worked in the department of Agriculture. I asked him to name one person who would seriously be missed or would affect his farming operation, if they lost their job. He couldn't think of one... and he has been trying to think of one for three years!.

There are probably more.... Really I am a rather happy guy... after thinking about everything that bugs me... I wonder how i can be this happy!!

Bawndoh

-tail gaiters...yes, I too slow down just to pi$$ them off.  Or I tap on my breaks to scare them.  I wish I had a big eff-off sign in my back window sometimes!!

-Elders who have no respect for others.  I went to Wal Mart the other day to pick a few things up for a photo shoot.  I was "business shopping".....(in a hurry).  I ran into at least three people (60+) who were taking up the entire aisle.  When I would come up beside them, or behind them....they had absolutely NO intention of moving to let me pass.  Just hogged the whole 5 ft. wide aisle!!!  I had to "re-route", turn back and go through another aisle to get to the other side of these people.  You know....I respect elders, but I dont think they respect a lot of others sometimes.  Those particular people probably spent 3 hours in Wal Mart that day because thats all they had to do for that day!  I....on the other hand, had to get to a client!!

-I hate that the world is essentially a popularity contest.  Someone else stated that they hate people who end up with leader-type positions, but dont have a clue!  Me too!

-People who flaunt their money, and dont have the decency to even say "hello" when they see me.  They know who I am...Ive seen them 100 times before!!  I guess they feel their breath is not worth wasting on me.

-People of authority, or who have post-secondary education....who cannot spell, or use grammer properly.  How did they get there in the first place??

-People who make a 360 when they have one bit of alcohol.  Seriously.....put that away, shut your mouth, and sit down!!  It is usually people whom you would expect the last to act like an idiot....AKA, your employer, elder, business people, or someone you really look up to.

-Some kids these days!  I live in a town with a population of about 4500.  There are constantly 8 year olds prowling around downtown at 10pm on weeknights....talking on their cell phones!  What the hell!?!?!?!  Go home....play "go-fish" with your grandma, or bake cookies with your mom.  Get some real responsibilities, and perhaps accomplish an actual task!
Or...the 13 year old girls/boys who waltz around in packs, in their Hockey team jacket, or Guess jeans...looking at me like I couldnt hold a candle to them.  I dont understand why they think they are the sh$t?  Everything they have....Mommy or Daddy bought for them.  They dont have a liscence, job, or car....and most of those kids wouldnt even be able to keep a goldfish alive if thats the only responsibility they had.

GRRRRRR. :mad:

afhm

I have a few more.
People who drive really slow and won't get over to the shoulder so you can pass that speed up when you finally get to a passing zone ans sometimes make it impossible to pass them.  These same people seem to at times when you have a trailer on wait until going up hill to move over and let you pass when it will take you forever to get up the speed.

People who pull out in front of trucks pulling trailers then go 5 mph completely wrecking your momentum.

slow internet

computer viruses and the @#$%&* that make them

OH Breeder

Pet Peeves

On the road- I drive quiet a bit for a living, 700-1000 miles a week
    Slow in the passing lane- If they only would install a shot gun in my grill. Those tires would magically DISAPPEAR
    People who DON"T indicate or use their TURN SIGNALS. They are there for a REASON!
    Mini-Van and mini car drivers- usually captained by less than capable drivers
    Large 4.4's who think that when the interstate is about to be closed for ice and snow they somehow can drive 65 and run over you. (i have a 4x4 but do drive like that)

In stores
    People in the self check lane with 50 items when it pretty clearly says LESS THAN 15- Go get in line
    People who cut in line when it opens up- just a week ago. Lady and i were patiently waiting in the grocery store. There was a register opening up. The young man said I will take the next in line. I motioned to the lady to go ahead and before we could move our carts. An elderly couple pulled up and started to unload. Normally I woulndn't mind, but they looked at us and said SO. The guy behing the register said you are pretty nice guy. You didn't get upset at all when they cut you off. I said, I was taugh to respect my elders EITHER WAY rude or not.

People that stand TWO inches behind you in a store line. THinking well maybe if I am up your ass it make the line move faster.
    Body odor- NO NEED TO BE DIRTY- as my grandmother always said and she didn't have RUNNING WATER in her house, there is always the Rain. She collected water and pumped water and was never dirty a day in her life.

Cattle shows
    Ring people that thing it is acceptable to hit or twist the calves tail because THEY want the calf to move faster.
    Cheaters- Yes she is a January or February even though she was in the snow drift in November. We saw alot of this last fall.
                  November show side note, my nephew worked in the area garabage collection truck. He would pick up trash in the country neighborhood. One of the exhibitors from this show had left
                  his birth dates on his registered heifers out in the trash. The ACTUAL Birthdates. one heifer showed as an April when she was born in January.

I am sure there is more,
Love the silver ware on the teeth that gets me too! UGH. Hate that noise=nails on chalk board
People who bitch about grammar and spelling but CAN"T SPELL OR USE correct grammar. GLASS HOUSE.................LOL

Simmgirl03

Some of my biggest pet peeves have already been mentioned but I'll say them again, and add a couple.

-Elderly people that think just because I am only 24 that they know more than I do.  I am an educated individual and I know what my job is, and how to do it, and yes; I can do it better than you!
-People that have no idea about cattle and they want to tell me how I should manage mine -- i.e. my father in-law!
-"Designer" breed dogs, they are mutts!  Why not just call them that and be done with it?
-People that do not clean up their animal's poop when they have them out of their stalls at shows.  Sheep people are terrible!

red

here's more of mine- boy I hate to see what I'm like in 20 years!

people that carry little dogs in their purses or bag
kids that run wild in a store or restaurant
going a bathroom stall & finding no toilet paper too late
KK having a temper tatrum & throwing kitty little all over his room
recipes that leave something out & you have a flop
ordering coffee at night & asking if it's decaf only to find out a 1:00 am it wasn't
people that are either lost or going to a garage sale & keep putting on their brakes or turn signal & just keep going

Red

BIGTEX

Simmgirl03 said:
Some of my biggest pet peeves have already been mentioned but I'll say them again, and add a couple.

-Elderly people that think just because I am only 24 that they know more than I do.  I am an educated individual and I know what my job is, and how to do it, and yes; I can do it better than you!Your elders do know a lot more than you do! At 24, you know about half as much as someone that is 50. I'm  36 and I know I know nothing!
-People that have no idea about cattle and they want to tell me how I should manage mine -- i.e. my father in-law! There isn't  a father in-law alive that is going to listen to his son in-law or daughter in-law. There are exceptions, but it's not my father in-law!
-"Designer" breed dogs, they are mutts!  Why not just call them that and be done with it?
-People that do not clean up their animal's poop when they have them out of their stalls at shows.  Sheep people are terrible!

Simmgirl03

BIGTEX said:
Your elders do know a lot more than you do! At 24, you know about half as much as someone that is 50. I'm  36 and I know I know nothing!
There isn't  a father in-law alive that is going to listen to his son in-law or daughter in-law. There are exceptions, but it's not my father in-law!

Well I appreciate the insight; however, maybe I should clarify.  I was listing pet peeves, not that I act out in a disrespectful or otherwise hurtful way, these are just things that bother me.  Yes, I understand that my elders know more, and I am respectful of that.  However, in my career the situation is different, if my elders at work could do the job well, then they wouldn't have had to hire me, and I certainly would not be doing my own job - along with more and more of their jobs each day. It is the elders that take advantage of their status that bothers me.  Do I act on it?  No, but it does bother me.  The situation is the same for in-laws, it is not that they try to give me advice, because I know that I know little about most things, and I welcome the chance to learn, but do not try to tell others about things I know little of and I expect the same in return, regardless of age or relationship.

mooch

"One of the exhibitors from this show had left
                  his birth dates on his registered heifers out in the trash. The ACTUAL Birthdates. one heifer showed as an April when she was born in January. "

Your neighbor says"Garbage men who go through my trash wouold be right up there"

Bawndoh

Ladies who get gel/acrylic nails......yuck.  We were born with fingernails.  Why must you spend hundreds of dollars to put another one on top??