PHA question

Help Support Steer Planet:

kfacres

none...  was a post about this a month or so ago...  just have to scroll to page 3 or 4 or so...  +

even the best eyes, except Dr. Beever, can't tell is their dirty or not!!!

Jill

We test for th because no one can honestly look at a calf and tell you it is thc or thf, there are certain characteristics that go with it, but it is not a sure thing, just because you have the look, or don't have the look doesn't always make them a carrier or non carrier.

JSchroeder

Which is exactly what has been said about PHA and the reason the "we wouldn't have to test for it" reply doesn't hold water.

Jill

You obviously misunderstood what I am saying, there is NO ONE out there that can tell if a calf is THC or PHAC, just because we think there is a certain look from carriers, there is no documented proof that it is BECAUSE they are carriers.

JSchroeder

You're right, I misread the original post which was asking for a 100% sure method.

The comment that we wouldn't need to test for PHA if there were physical characteristics of it came up in the previously cited thread.  My reply was within that context.

The documenation thing is a red herring since the documenting of a subjective judgement is in itself a contradiction.