Photo for Mark Tenenbaum

Help Support Steer Planet:

mark tenenbaum

WEll ILL BE-that brought a tear to my eyes-my all time favorite cow-Byland Marjorie who we called Mrs MOO MOO,because she was just such a ladies cow.-I am getting ready to flush her last daughter who she raised in harsh conditions at 15. Ive got a cell phone picture of her -and a couple grandaughters.

Attachments

• kansas calves059.JPG
    kansas calves059.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 349
  • moo 01.jpg
    moo 01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 338

mark tenenbaum

The rw cow bottom picture is Marjories last calf,a couple months ago at 10 going on 11-the top cow is my Cumberland doner-a mistake on this post-but I am flushing the Marjory to HER LAST one-a LOW BW-growthy Free For All son of the above Cumberland cow(also a cell pic) The first light roan is a picture from a video of a maternal great grandaughter by Lucky Ralph who went to Texas,the roan lookin at ya in the rain-is a maternal GRAND daughter by Free For All,(Dorothy)out of the 2nd rw cow,marjoies last daughter pictured above.The thing that surprises me-is how you could change these cows (Marjory descendents) in one generation.Byland Marjory produced several bulls:BylandExplosian,a big son of Deertrail Awesome who sired quite a few cattle in Australia,and UBDTR Junior Walker,whom we only had for 1 and a haf calving seasons,but really produced some hiefers,alot of whom are still right for the times today-13 years later.The red bull calf pictured( not long after weaning):is the one I will flush the above 11 year old cow to. Hoping for a little larger framed version of Dorothy,the second roan hiefer-LOW BW INTACT. Thanks so much for that-I didnt think people knew about any of my cattle. O0 <beer>

Attachments

• -free for all roof pics etc 105.jpg
    -free for all roof pics etc 105.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 365
  • -dorothy start ahead sized.jpg
    -dorothy start ahead sized.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 324
  • 1130101034  free  for all  cumberland.jpg
    1130101034 free for all cumberland.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 329

sue

vcsf said:
sue said:
vcsf said:
What do you think of her Mark T?

What is her reg #??

This bull out of a majorie bred until he was 11 at least. Look this one up 4021935. I visited the herd that bred him... most of the cows had black babies at side. The majories were pretty special. also wonder what happened to this family? thanks for posting this pic.

mark tenenbaum

There was another Marjorie-Fossil Creek Golden Marjorie,who went to Niselys. They flushed her once to Sonny and got 21 embryos or something,and sold a slew of hiefers out of that mating. That cow also produced the Champion Shorthorn steer at Louisville.One of this cows early calves became an 1800 pound moose out of Highfield Highler,and she was the last female I bought. I bred her to Jr Walker twice-and got 2 real pretty hiefers,one of which we kept.There are 10 embryos to that mating too.That would make them linebred Marjories-being out of JR Walker-a son of Byland Marjory the original subject. That cow-the daughter and another daughter of the RW Marjory pictured.are at Nancy Grathwohl Heeters,along with what appears to be a good simmx hiefer out of the big cow. Nancy may show it as a short plus Her Plus that sold for $3500 2 years agoat Denver,-and the currant one Nancy is showing-BOTH are grandaughters of the same JR Walker cow-Taffeta-so the tribe continues to grow,little by little. Really appreciate any interest, O0

OH Breeder

Mark what is the breeding on Moo 01 the red and white cow? She looks ultra feminine and deep bodied. Did you ever flush her?

mark tenenbaum

OH Breeder said:
Mark what is the breeding on Moo 01 the red and white cow? She looks ultra feminine and deep bodied. Did you ever flush her?
/// Shes An equitys Image-MSF Equity x Huberdale PM Laura,and out of the orig Marjory in first picture from 20+ years ago.-one of her daughters is the middle roan hiefer pictured looking at U-We are flushing her to the red bull-(pictured as a caf)-shes got some age (almost 11 in the pic) O0

Gargan

How old is the Dorothy (roan looking at the camera) cow now? Man, she looks like a tank!! What all have u bred her to?

Gargan

mark tenenbaum said:
Gargan said:
How old is the Dorothy (roan looking at the camera) cow now? Man, she looks like a tank!! What all have u bred her to?///Shell be 2 in April,she will be calving early March to JITs Touchdown bull. I thought about using Mojito on her. O0

Now thats a mating i would like to see!!

mark tenenbaum

Gargan said:
mark tenenbaum said:
Gargan said:
How old is the Dorothy (roan looking at the camera) cow now? Man, she looks like a tank!! What all have u bred her to?///Shell be 2 in April,she will be calving early March to JITs Touchdown bull. I thought about using Mojito on her. O0

Now thats a mating i would like to see!! ///// ME Three-Ill be down to see you boys in April to check em out-Im a fan O0 <beer>