Pic for Justintime

Help Support Steer Planet:

irishshorthorns

Got a very quick pic this evening of a New Begining's Elsie's Jade x Eionmor Mr Gus 80C.

Attachments

• Shorthorns Larkhill 021aa.jpg
    Shorthorns Larkhill 021aa.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 177

justintime

I guess I never would have thought that combining the genetics of Gus 80C and Elsie's Jade would have resulted in a heifer with this much frame. Both sire and dam are moderate framed with tremendous body mass. Your heifer is going to make a good cow, but she is just built differently than what I expected to see from combining these genetics. Here are some pictures of the sire and dam. 80C is pictured as a 3 year old and Elsie's Jade is pictured as a coming 4 year old ( winter pic) and as a 9 year old ( on grass). I know there were supposed to be two or three full sibs born in England this spring, and it would be interesting to see how they develop.

Attachments

• Eionmor Mr Gus 80C.jpg
    Eionmor Mr Gus 80C.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 178
  • New Beginnings Elsie's Jade- 2004.jpg
    New Beginnings Elsie's Jade- 2004.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 182
  • New Beginnings Elsie's Jade 2009sm.jpg
    New Beginnings Elsie's Jade 2009sm.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 180

irishshorthorns

Here is a pic of my two New Begining's Elsie's Jade x Eionmor Mr Gus 80C heifers taken when they were approaching 3 months of age.

Attachments

• 004aaa_opt.jpg
    004aaa_opt.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 167

OH Breeder

I think a better pic may be in order. Kind hard when those critters are running the pastures and don't know they are suppose to STAND STILL. LOL>
I dont' see any flex or angle in the rear leg either as Knabe pointed out. I also think the angle of the shoulder is kind funky. Looks as though the cow is developing some depth like her momma but really think some different angles might be in order. Thanks for posting. I am know JIT but thought I'd offer little ol' opinion.  ;D

sue

If you google gus 80c frame score - 6.3 

I recall the year tm gus ( 80c son) showed against uluru buster in Louisville - we followed those bulls to and from the show ring. Alot difference in frame - easy for me to judge, I m 5 ft tall. Uluru buster was considerably more moderate.

I think this pic of elsie looks alot like a thinner version of the donor elsie- I did see the donor in 2005 at horseshoe. I realize at the time alot of flushes had taken place on many of the donors- she was still my favorite.

Latest posts