Pic for my Canadian buddies

Help Support Steer Planet:

vanridge

yuck!!! that guy is huge!! My parents love visiting Australia. My dad loves the weather. My mom's not a big fan of your spiders. Beautiful country, plus the way Aussies talk is quite cool. One of the coolest accents in the world. (yeah I know, you don't have an accent, we do!)

Aussie

We live in a great place please all come to the top of world the island of Tasmania we do not  have snakes.

OK we do have some and they are all poisonous but they are little and Tassie is on the top of the world if you turn the globe up side down

frostback

I am not afraid of snakes, but I think if I saw that guy coming I would cross the street. Not sure I would take the time for a photo either. Thanks TDU.

frostback

I thought I would check here for my mornings new photos in case TDU got confused but they arent here either.  :'(

huntaway

With no knowledge other than a google search i would guess taipan which can be black and 3m long, not sure if thats abit short. but on the up side they have the most potent vemon in australia.

thunderdownunder

frostback said:
I thought I would check here for my mornings new photos in case TDU got confused but they arent here either.  :'(

You'd have to be quick if I put them up because I don't think they'd last long  ;)

frostback

You are not helping Australia tourism much. If you dont want us to visit just say so.

SWMO

It's a toss up as to which species I dislike more  SNAKES OR SPIDERS!  I suppose that guy is poisonous?  And not just an plain or garden variety black snake?

As several others have asked.  What is he?

thunderdownunder

They're not one particular spider, all different species, so would be a mix of poisonous and and non-poisonous.

As far as the snake, no idea... my first thought is a python of some sort, being that size, but it's not close enough to see.... understandably!  :eek:

coachmac

I can deal with spiders and snakes pretty well, but spiders in multitudes like that would be incredibly annoying.  Are they responsive to pesticide?  If not a little fire might help!  LOL  (is there such a thing as a little fire down there) 

thunderdownunder

You can spray the spiders, but these are just ones that have come out of the woodworks so to speak in response to the floods, trying to save themselves. So given the amount of water around, and how wet everything still is, there's not much chance of lighting a fire! Aside from that, because it is technically summer here at the moment, we are in fire ban season... and that runs through til May. Doesn't look much like summer though does it!?!

Latest posts