Pic of amen calve bd 3-15-12 tell me what yall think

Help Support Steer Planet:

jhumphries

Here is an amen calve we had born this spring out of an total play granddaughter tell me what yall think any body else have some good amen calves?

Attachments

• 2012 spring calves 006_opt.jpg
    2012 spring calves 006_opt.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 201

Buck

Nice calf Jackie and Josh! I have a Fall born Amen heifer out of a Heat Seeker cow I bought from Jim that is probably the best calf I have ever had. Definitely the best calf the cow has ever raised. Really good structured and sound with a monster hip and huge stifle. She has a lot of rib and is deep flanked with beautiful hair. She is also really long fronted and clean necked. If I had to fault her she needs to be a little smoother through the point of her shoulder.

JimF

Buck, we need a photo!  Since she had such a good calf should I expect a bonus check to be in the mail? ;)

Buck

JimF said:
Buck, we need a photo!  Since she had such a good calf should I expect a bonus check to be in the mail? ;)
She's had several good calves now going on 11 years old but this one is by far the best. I'll get a picture Saturday and post. That's not the only bonus check I need to send you. Just don't ever figure my bill!

GoWyo

What is gestation on Amen calves?  We have 2 Angus cows at 284 days that I am pretty sure stuck to AI, and those cows previously were a week to 10 days early with their calves.

jhumphries

Sorry but no i dont have a picture of the cow but i will get one tomorrow if i get over there early enough. Cows have been in the pond by 8 am here we have been setting record highs for a week now in the upper 80's. She is one of those no miss cows the only bad calve she ever had was a smiling bob heifer last year. We only had two amen calves and they both went full term they weighed about 85-90#. but the coyotes got the other one though never got to see it dried off she had it about dark one afternoon the next morning all was left was a head its backbone and a leg

KCF

Got three nice calves this spring, two out of Angus Cows and one out of a heatwave cow. I plan on using him more this year. Will try and get some pics to post
one calf came  3 days early and the other two went full term.