Pics of Red Angus ET Calves - Update (last page)

Help Support Steer Planet:

squirt71

These are purebred Red Angus Red Northline Fat Tony heifers, born in February.  I'm going to try and get more pictures, since there's 6 ET more calves, but with them being in new grass, they don't want to stand still.

1st pic is the donor
2nd and 3rd pic is the natural heifer
4th and 5th are ET heifers

I know it's a little early yet, but I wanted some opinions on flushing her the same way.

Attachments

• DSC01066-1.jpg
    DSC01066-1.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 186
  • DSC01063.jpg
    DSC01063.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC01062.jpg
    DSC01062.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1468-1.jpg
    IMG_1468-1.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 193

Gargan

heck yeah!! those are some nice calves. Honestly some of the best red angus ive seen in a while. Just my 2 cents worth

OH Breeder

I am not a Red Angus person but it doesn't take much to see when an animla is good of any breed. Nice set all the way around. Great momma cow.

CAB

Love the calves so maybe yes, but the numbers for Fat Tony won't help very many if any pedigrees and there are a lot of PPL that buy by the numbers. I guess it depends on whether or not your customers buy by the numbers. I would try a different bull myself to see if your great looking donor will click with a number of different sires. JMO.

wyatt

ive never seen any angus that wide i like the bottom best but i would do the same again

Redfern

squirt71 said:
Redfern said:
Nice calves.  What is the donor cow?
Brown Vacation H7106 x Holden Hi Ho 574
I wouldn't have guessed Vacation but does resemble Hi Ho.  I'm a Vacation fan and just last week bred an Ole Oscar daughter to Vacation.  Hope it is a good mate.

squirt71

CAB said:
Love the calves so maybe yes, but the numbers for Fat Tony won't help very many if any pedigrees and there are a lot of PPL that buy by the numbers. I guess it depends on whether or not your customers buy by the numbers. I would try a different bull myself to see if your great looking donor will click with a number of different sires. JMO.

Here's the calves' estimated numbers:
CED BW WW YW MILK    TM    ME    HPG    CEM STAY    MARB   YG  CW REA FAT
7    -2.1 34 67 15     32    4     10 4 10     -0.04 -0.07 37 0.28 0.01

I wish some were a bit higher, but for the most part, they're all middle of the road.

CAB

The #s sure do look good enough & the calves sure look the part also. Might be the way to go.

outlawcattlecompany

Personally, I would try other bulls on her. Although the calves are good, at this stage in their life they don't look like they will mature to be as good as their dam

BadgerFan

outlawcattlecompany said:
Personally, I would try other bulls on her. Although the calves are good, at this stage in their life they don't look like they will mature to be as good as their dam

I can respect your confidence, but I'm not ready to say they're better or worse than the dam yet.  Especially since we're "judging" them off of a few snapshot photos.

wyatt

i agree and i beileve these will be wonderfull breeding peices and are very deep and wide for angus and for there age

outlawcattlecompany

BadgerFan said:
outlawcattlecompany said:

I can respect your confidence, but I'm not ready to say they're better or worse than the dam yet.  Especially since we're "judging" them off of a few snapshot photos.

That is exactly why I said "at this stage in their life." That cow is amazing. If I owned her I would expect a whole lot out of her. Since these are the only pictures we have to judge the calves on that is my opinion. The whole point of the post was to ask our opinions.

squirt71

Thanks for the opinions.  I will try to get better pictures of the calves soon, we will be breaking all the calves out of her to take to some state fairs later this fall, so hopefully I can get some better profile and butt shots. They're kind of going through the awkward growing stage right now.  And thanks for all the compliments on the cow, we feel we 'stole' her at the sale we bought her at.  I do know a daughter of her's has already entered the donor pen for another Red Angus show cattle breeder after having only one calf, so we do expect great things from her.

squirt71

I was only able to get 3 to cooperate.  With the heat we've had, they are a little shrunk up.
First 2 are the natural heifer, I couldn't get her to look forward since the dog was running around.  The second 2 are an ET heifer, and the last is a half sib - Fat Tony sired out of a Six Mile cow. Opinions?

Attachments

• IMG_1786-1.jpg
    IMG_1786-1.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCN1030-1.jpg
    DSCN1030-1.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCN1025.jpg
    DSCN1025.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN1023-1.jpg
    DSCN1023-1.jpg