Picture:Denver Display Bull-Who has the Best Display Bulls going to Denver?????

Help Support Steer Planet:

herefordfootball

forcheyhawk said:
to those of you that have negative comments yur entitled to yur opinion but until u raise a denver display bull then you can get real critical.

Classy.  You forgot that they are ugly, smelly, and dumb.  You have great cattle represented on here always.  Less is more with the comments. 

Many of the best judges have never raised a big time display bull, does that make them less quailfied to critique one than someone that has raised one display bull?

herefordfootball

Oh and to steerjockey, Congratz on your bulls, they look like quite a set of animals you have there. That deserves a pat on the back, not many people become successful enough to own into, or raise that quality of animal.

Jill

herefordfootball said:
forcheyhawk said:
to those of you that have negative comments yur entitled to yur opinion but until u raise a denver display bull then you can get real critical.

Classy.  You forgot that they are ugly, smelly, and dumb.  You have great cattle represented on here always.  Less is more with the comments. 

Many of the best judges have never raised a big time display bull, does that make them less quailfied to critique one than someone that has raised one display bull?

I think you missed something, he was quoting the comment made by steerjockey.

Show Steaks

from the pictures"eye of the storm"  didnt look all that big IMO..... is he young or just a heatwave pud?.... i will say he absolutely looks SWEET!

herefordfootball

Jill said:
herefordfootball said:
forcheyhawk said:

I think you missed something, he was quoting the comment made by steerjockey.

Oh yes I did. I didnt see a quote box and figured it was him saying it, not steerjockey. my bad.  :(

CAB

It's a trick to promote a bull. Sometimes even the promotional campaign itself gets critiqued by the guru's. ;), ;).

Good Luck with the bulls Steerjockey. We'll all be a buzz about the bulls in 2 & a half weeks. You all get a great look @ em for those of us that are counting on your expert eyes.

GONEWEST

mooch said:
Jill said:
Ok, what is with all of the color?  I wouldn't even consider using a bull with that much white on him, it seems like every bull I have seen coming out this year is light colored with lots of white.  I guess I am partial to black, is it just me?

Always said if they want em purple with pink polka dots we would figure out how to make em, looks like we better get busy figuring that out, cause it might be coming.

Mooch is correct, you have to breed what you can sell. Here, a good calf with some color will sell way before a great on that's solid black. Plus for the slick shear deal, they want them anything BUT solid black. I'm not saying everyone should breed color or anything as far as that goes. Just that you have to match your product with your market.

CAB

in our case we like PPL who look @ the cattle & say what they honestly see & think. Most of the time we already know what the cattle's weakest points are. I always evaluate the weaknesses first. If you don't want to say what you see it's kind of like wasting my time. Also if you don't want my opinion don't ask. I can always find somethings that I would like to change. Of coarse this is all JMO. Brent

Jill

Well heck, why waste all that time and money getting a test to market, I think it would be worth the 27 dollars to test him and make sure one way or another, he is worth a lot more to most folks as a non carrier.

cwbyup62

As far as the videos go, i can tell you that we are trying to get it set up right now to be able to do video in the yards of the bulls lose and not standing or on halter which should hopefully give a much more natural look at the bulls on the move.  I am not sure it is possible to get a "natural" look at bulls on the move when they are on concrete, but I assure you we are making plans to give it our best effort.  We are also making plans with several of the owners to do their pictures in the country around Denver before they get to the yards where they can be on dirt, which would be a much more natural look at the bulls, therefore whether it be positive or negative, you can more accurately evaluate the movement and confirmation on the bulls, or any bulls for that matter.  We are not sure how all of that will go, but that is a goal for what we are going to do this year.

Mark Sneed