Picture of Ali 2

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

how will calves be registered, as ali, or ali2?

how would you police it?

mitochondrial dna to register an ali/ali2 calf?

ruhtram

knabe said:
how will calves be registered, as ali, or ali2?

how would you police it?

mitochondrial dna to register an ali/ali2 calf?

I like your questions. I'm interested what other have to say.

Mueller Show Cattle

Ali 2 is a clone, so the DNA should be the same as Ali. I'm sure it will be like Heatwave where they call the winners sire HW or HW clone. Lautners has had a pic of Ali2 for awhile, I have been looking for a pic of Who 2, the clone to Who Made Who.

hntwhitetail

Had a Ali 2 out of a pb angus our of F A R Krugerrand 410H, talk about a stout bull.  We'll be keeping this one a bull. 

hamburgman

The mitochondrial DNA is not a really big deal.  It is there more for early embryo development and not so much for phenotype when the animal grows up.  That is according to trans ova, so take it for what you think it is worth.

knabe

hamburgman said:
The mitochondrial DNA is not a really big deal.  It is there more for early embryo development and not so much for phenotype when the animal grows up.  That is according to trans ova, so take it for what you think it is worth.

methylation patterns are thought not to be transferrable from sperm to egg, therefore, there probably is no way to determine today with today's testing to be able to genotype offspring.  if a difference was known between the two, which could happen, then a test could easily be developed.

demethylation therapy is currently being tested in cancer treatment trials in humans.

hamburgman

Thanks Knabe, i was hoping you would weigh in, did you ever think your genetics info would be so useful when it came to club calf bulls?

Latest posts