Pictures of calves in private treaty (more to come)

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

CPL said:
ShowmanQ said:
I personally do not think that it matters whether or not these pictures were edited. Who cares? What I do have an opinion about however is that this board is supposed to be (and usually pretty good about) based on making everyone feel welcome and creating a safe place for those to get opinions and advice. This is obviously not a productive use of time or intelligence. If the pictures were obviously edited and you are smart enough to see it, then congrats to you and your skills, but leave it at that. There is no reason to call someone out and accuse them of falsifying something. She said they were not edited, now i was not holding Justamom's hand when she took the pictures so I do not know for a fact either way, but why don't we all just take her word for it.

The problem is dishonesty. To me they look edited. However, I guess it's slightly possible that it could be a low quality camera---- but thats only slightly! In the first picture I see it in the ear tag, rear quarter and a little in the front end. In the second, I see it over the tailhead, the left middle of the picture were the grasses don't meet, and rear quarter/legs. In the last one, the topline and possibly the rear quarter.

I am not an expert on photo editing, but I can clearly see it. Back to the dishonesty part. If a breeder is dishonest in the way he or she markets cattle, how does that reflect the rest of their program? Do they mess with birth dates? Do they falsify breedings? The list goes on and on. Justamom, I say delete the pictures and maybe an apology. Real picture of the calves would be nice as well. Until then, I'll reserve my opinions.

What does it really matter? Do you think all the calves in show cirucit have not been enhanced or some of them anyways. If you are interested pick up the phone and call and ask for some video. It is easy to sit beihind the key board and put someone down.

Just Mom. Take it with grain of salt. Not a big deal !

BIGTEX

:'I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I did not mean to insult your integrity. Again I sorry for stepping over the line, I must have missed it.

feeder duck

I do not care what the pictures were taken with or how that's not for me to decide! What are they out of? I here there are a couple of Wild Sides in the sale!!!!!

Jeff

Show Dad

I'm a big advocate of full disclosure, but a picture, edited or not, is a 2-D representation of a 3-D subject. My advice is never buy based on a picture you can't trust it to be true to life. In no way should (does) this mean the photographer is dishonest. There is just to many things a snap shot doesn't show you.

I would bet money Justamom would be more than happy to have anyone interested to come by to see these animals. Probably could even get some iced tea under the shade tree too!
<alien>

KYsteer

I am sorry if I got something started on here, it was just one of my pet peeves that got the best of me this time.  The thing that bugged me the most is that the calves looked great and there was absolutely no need to do anything to the pics.  A good cattle person can recognize a good calf with or without a clip job.  Just post untouched pics next time and let the cattle do the talking. 

justme

justamom your a great poster and we value you here.  Don't let a bunch a people get you down.  I don't think you did anything intentionally.  Come on you guys, 99% of the pictures you see in catalogs and of new bulls are doctored.  I think you guys took some low blows that she didn't deserve.  Now look what this has done, you've alienated a good poster on this board.  I don't think you intended to do it but looks like you did.

Justamom do you have a website we can look at calves?  I for one am looking for a nice heifer for my daughter.  You've been a great customer of mine, and would love to see the calves. (thumbsup)

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
To justamom , I didn't know there was  that much doctoring of these photo's , an I definitely agree with your policy of not retouching these cattle picture's .  That is our policy also an was going to say  I never had , but got to thinking of two instance's, I took a couple halters off but tried not to alter calf at  all , an we had a picture of a very good calf , but he had excess sheath hair an took a little off . For your sake I'M very sorry that this happen'ed cause all we are doing is trying to present our cattle in a attractive manner.  In the last year the people on SP have made more of a effort to try getting better picture's , an some member's have tried to help people do a better job of taking  them, an resizing them so they are easier to see.

doubled

feeder duck said:
I do not care what the pictures were taken with or how that's not for me to decide! What are they out of? I here there are a couple of Wild Sides in the sale!!!!!

Jeff

yes so far we have three, good ones- cattle will be availabe after September 1st

doubled

Ok Ive taken some time off from here as I was deeply hurt, so what if my camera is cheap, its a walmart special, anyways there are three things as I have told alot of you
that I value in my live my intregrity, my honesty and my family and  I felt attacked on all fronts, I dont want any more comments on that we have all said enough,
If anyone out there wants pictures please PM me and I will provide them,  the calves will be availabe for viewing after September 1st, we have some DR. whos, Wildsides,
a good blue roan, a good simmi heifer, and more to come, I will post what pictures are available, the guys will be featuring a calf a week starting in a week or so on their website,
just gotta get the calves home from their mammas first.  Again thank you all for your support it means alot to me, I do have advice for those who like to take cheap shots
if you have something negative to say dont say it for the world to see, just PM that person, it will save your reputation.

feeder duck

Best of luck on selling the Wild Sides. He has not been used a bunch, but they can be pretty nice when out of the right cow. Let me know how they sell. Attached is his 6yr old photo and he just turned 7yrs and sound as a cat and breedin' them daily.

Jeff

Attachments

• Wild Side 6yrs.jpg
    Wild Side 6yrs.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 435

shortyjock89

Wild Side heifers make good cows too!  My WS heifer calved this year to Perfect Timing and is doing a fantastic job raising her calf.

txguy

What website do I need to go to so that i can view the pictures? Also what sale will these cattle be in?

doubled

BCCC said:
whats the blue roan's breeding? manchild?

I she is a Doublevision x Kadabra
she is not at our house yet, next week
heifer is in my avitar

Losin Money

I just found this site and joined so I probably shouldn't give my opinion but... This is an outstanding site with a bunch of folks who are willing to help each other out.  I am surprised how this lady was attacked after she gave her word.  Take a man/woman at their word until they prove otherwise.  It's her integrity that is being attacked.  By the way, I thought showsteers.com was the hot site, but I was wrong.  You have it going on here!