Pioneer Showdown

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ric

Does anyone know who won the steer show? on either day? and who won the chi division? thanks

drl

I wasn't there but what I heard was Brock May was grand steer and Wedig had reserve, both crossbreds. Charlie Wilson had champion heifer. That is all I heard from day 1.

TMJ Show Cattle

Brock May day 1 Champ steer. Wedig was Reserve. Charlie Wilson had Supreme Heifer day 1. Can't remeber the name from day 2 steers. Bob took all of steers home but 1 and he was Reserve day 2. Reserve heifer day 1 was shorthorn that came out of Sullivan's sale at 57,000.00. The BEST heifer there, Reserve shorthorn day 1 was Supreme heifer day 2 and a Simmy was Reserve,with Charlie Wilson as 3rd best overall. The Supreme heifer day 2 was from INDIANA.also a Sullivan bred. Great show despite heavy rain. Our daughters hung in there with great competition with 2 class winners[low %Simmy heifer]our commercial stood second to the reserve commercial both days and Shorthorn stood 7th one day and 4th the next,in same class as the champion horns. First day comments were : Typical hereford breeder getting the wrong cattle UP,and a lot of halter judging.Typical whining and crying.Told our kids to work a little harder towards breeding better livestock and leave the moaning and groaning to the others.

PLKR

TMJ--who was the "typical Hereford breeder" that judged the show?

shortyjock89

TMJ- That 57k heifer is one we've been battling this year, she's done a fair bit of winning.  Who had that shorty that you really liked?

TMJ Show Cattle

Yes I know that high dollar heifer has done a lot of winning. Dale Wernicke along with Robert Raisback and I watched the shorthorn heifer show together. Don't recall the name of the people from Indiana that won day 2. In the personal opinions of me, 60 year old ,Bob at 84 years and Dale at well I better not say he he. the Indiana heifer is FAR and AWAY the best heifer. One of the best shorthorn cow prospects,even though being a show heifer that any of us haqs seen in several years. She is that good. The honorable Mr. Hawk,hereford breeder from Illinois was Saturday's judge. and the Honorable Mr. Holtkamp from Iowa, judged Sunday.

The Heifer that won the second day is the $49K heifer from the Divas and Donors sale. In my opinion she was by far the best one there. As for results from day 2, Wedigs had overall steer with the cross, Vivians were in the top 5, the maine from Kohlwey i believe was 5th...cant remember the rest

TMJ Show Cattle

It was one heck of a good show !  Alot of great cattle came this year in all breeds !  For all of you that came and lived through the downpours on Saturday....at least we got out of here before the tornado sirens went off Sunday !  We live here in Lancaster .  Glad to see so many people that came !

Carrie

TMJ Show Cattle

Yes that shorthorn from Indiana is plumb powerful. I have NEVER seen a show heifer,and I have been around a long time,that show's as many good cow characteristics as she does. Would like to have a pasture full of those baby dolls.

Results and pictures of the champions are posted on The Midwest Herdsman website.

Day 1 Heifers
Supreme Overall and Champ Commercial-Charlie Wilson,IA
Reserve Overall and Champ Shorthorn- Tyler Humphrey,IL
Third and Reserve Shorthorn- Lindsey Gringstead,IL
Fourth and Champion AOB(Simmy)-Adam Alburg, IL
Fifth and Champion Angus- Jessica Radcliffe, WI

Day 1 Steers
Supreme Overall and Champ Cross- Brock May, WI
Reserve Overall and Res Cross- Mykel Wedig,WI
Third and Champ Chi- Brock May,WI
Fourth and Res Chi- Alexi Beck,WI
Fifth and Champ Shorthorn-Hope Schlimgen,WI