Please let me know what you think

Help Support Steer Planet:

ckey0095

I would appreciate it if y'all could give me some constructive criticism about my steer and what are some positive aspects of him 
(cow)

Attachments

• IMG_20140106_085728.jpg
    IMG_20140106_085728.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 172

vc

He is getting some decent hair on him. From the picture you posted and the one in your avatar the steer wants to get his back feet under him and he seems a little narrow based. His top line looks a little week from the pictures, and I would like to see a little more power and hip on him. Not much you can do about most of that now, so I would not worry about it.

I would push him on the feed, add some stabilized rice bran to his diet and get him on a coarse stemmed hay. Once he gets close to the show I would get him on beetpulp or some other filler to make sure he gets that full look. Make sure you can set him up with his rear feet a little wider than he naturally sets them and he is square at the corners (rear feet not under him). A good clip job will help balance him out. He is not bad and it looks like you are putting in the work, keep it up and good luck.

From the picture you have posted, those things jumped out at me. From a different angle he may look completely different.

CAB

I think that you really won't/can't get a good evaluation of your calf from the photo that you have up. It would  be mostly guess work at best IMO.

Heismanziel

Category    Grade
HAIR            A
Muscle          C
FINISH          D
PHENOTYPE  C

You have done a great job these scores are representative of your animal today and where it needs to be. He is more of a lanky thing so that's why he is getting knocked on. Keep pushing him and im sure your going to have him in the heavy division before he looks right.