Plenty to be thankful for

Help Support Steer Planet:

coachmac

Last week we spent a few days in Springfield, MO at the AJSA South Central Regional.  Quite a nice turn out with many states represented that were not in our region.  Both of my kids had a good time and met many new people in the industry.  Both of them were pulled back for the final round of showmanship and both competed quite well. 
During the stock show portion I got a text from my daughter letting me know how blessed she felt.  When I asked why she proceeded to tell me about a conversation she had with a lady and her granddaughter.  The Grandma had nothing but positive remarks about how Bailey exhibited her cattle in and out of the ring, telling her Granddaughter that she needed to watch this young lady in the ring.  My daughter described it as one of her life goals.  Pretty neat text to read when you are fitting cattle. When it all shook out at the awards ceremony, Bailey ended up being awarded the High Point Overall Junior with strong finishes in each of the competitions including first place in Livestock Judging and Sales Talk, fourth place in Public Speaking, and sixth place in Cattleman's Quiz and Showmanship.  We are thankful to everyone that has helped her get to this point and are looking forward to future involvement in the AJSA.  The AJSA is a wonderful organization that has given my kids an opportunity to be successful not only in the show ring, but in other areas of the industry that will impact their futures. 

Latest posts