Pneumatic Tee Post Driver

Help Support Steer Planet:

blitz

Has anyone had any experience with a pneumatic tee post driver? I live in  Texas and we have not had any rainfall in over a year so you can imagine how hard the ground is. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

nobody

We have one and my husband said it takes some getting used to.  He had shoulder surgery sometime ago and we bought one thinking it would help him drive the tee posts.  He said they are pretty heavy and you have to get a rhythm going.  Someone else that has full use of their arm my like it better.

chambero

Fence builders in our area use a nozzle to convert a cattle/pasture sprayer to very high pressure.  They blow a tiny whole deep in the ground and then it takes one whack with a t post driver to set the post in hole.  Works easy, super fast, and a tight set.

itk

I don't know much about them but there was a display for them at the the local TSC right in between the pink John Deere apparel and the bunnies. I didn't look at the post driver that close but the bunnies sure were cute. ;D

Dyer Show cattle

My family has built fences for 20 plus years. We always used a tractor and loader when there was one close by. A skid loader would work well also. Other than that we always pounded them by hand.

The Show

Pneumatic drivers are nice if you have the right setup. Some friends of ours own a road construction company so they have a sign truck. Of its many features it has a pneumatic driver mounted to the side of it on a flatbed. You can build some fence with that thing. They can easily turn in to more trouble than their worth if their not set up right though.