Point Taken Calf raised by Bill Pitz, Farley IA

Help Support Steer Planet:

BKCC

Here is the first pictured Point Taken calf that I know of.  He was born unassisted out of a Jazz x Simmy angus cow.  Picture is taken at six weeks of age.

Attachments

• Point Taken PITZ.jpg
    Point Taken PITZ.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 655

Telos

Thanks for the pic! Looks like Point Taken might be a great breeding bull. Calf looks awesome in the photo.

farwest

Wow, that's a calf.  If he throws em like that that bull's gonna do the damage.  Heatwave replacement?  Females from his dam side.  Can't wait to see some more.

showman ne

kinda makes you wonder which way he came out...super cool calf. if they all look like that one he could be a great one

BKCC

I just talked to Bill to confirm this one's BW.  Bill said he estimated him at 85 to 95 lbs but did not weigh him.  He was born unassisted.  Birth weights have been very good to date.  We have had 37 here and not touched a one.  I have heard of one c section out of a draftpick cow but he has calved good on mature cows.  Bitrhweights at our place have been from 78 to 96.  We had 2 et steer calves go 8 days overdue, one weighed 103 and one weighed 110  both recips gave birth naturally with no problems.

Thanks
Ben

We will have more pics coming soon

showman ne

BKCC said:
  He was born unassisted.  Birth weights have been very good to date.  We have had 37 here and not touched a one.  I have heard of one c section out of a draftpick cow but he has calved good on mature cows. 

thats good to hear

BKCC

Yes he is for sale and he is still a bull.  Bill is testing him for TH/PHA next week.  Contact Bill Pitz, if you need his cell phone email or call me.  I thought this calf was really outstanding when I saw him.  Bill wants to wait a month or so before he starts pricing him.

Ben 515-208-2389  [email protected]

lowann

We have four cows we bought from Bill. He's a great guy, and we love the cows we got from him.
Very nice calf!!!

lowann

BKCC said:
Yes he is for sale and he is still a bull.  Bill is testing him for TH/PHA next week.  Contact Bill Pitz, if you need his cell phone email or call me.  I thought this calf was really outstanding when I saw him.  Bill wants to wait a month or so before he starts pricing him.

Bought several cows from Mr. Kelly too. Love them!!

RSC

BKCC said:

Nice Calf!

Tony

farwest

Someune replied about age. He would have to be a January if he was six weeks old at pic time