Poor Conception

Help Support Steer Planet:

farmboy

Is it me or is it everybody else too this year. ??? ??? ??? Were sitting on 55% of the first round ( that I observed back in heat, could have been more) Have redone 6 and have had 3 of those come back in so far and it hasn't been 24 days yet since then. Have 2 in today I bred to Monopoly  :mad: :mad: and then our bull acts like he's gay or something... next year will be a mess

shorthorngirl2010

Our AI conception hasn't been too hot either. Think we're setting right at 50% :/... and our bulls are doing the same thing... Had a recip (didnt use, cystic) in heat sunday afternoon, the bull followed her up the alley and onto the trailer, other cows riding her, he didnt have a thing to do with her... and the bull in with the show heifers, same thing. Not sure whats going on, dont like it.

farmboy

our bull either just follows them around and then eats grass, jumps on their face or rides the wrong cow. Usually though, the cows ride him. he's so little he can't help it though  ;D

savaged

Zach,

I started to A.I. myself this year so I have blamed my low conception rate on that.  However, I have had too many that have required multiple hits, even by my usually very high percentage A.I. guy.

I'm hoping that I got 65%.  Bull is in with all but three now.

Have no idea why the difficult year, heat cycles were good with all observed standing.

JimBob

Monopoly semen is more than likely one of the big problems.  We got 25% last year instead of 80 plus % we normally get.  You just have to get lucky with him I think.  How's everyone else luck been with him % wise.

nck21

We bought 3 straws of Monopoly last year. Both cows we used him on got bred with it, one had to get ai'd twice.

farmboy

thats better than 2 out of 30 on Monopoly... So someone told me anyway. Looks my 1 All Aboard stuck though on a dr who x heatseeker cow.  (thumbsup)
The way it stands now that I know of to the best of my heat observing skills
2 My Turn
1 White Noise
3 Naughty Pine
1 all aboard
1 Walks Alone
1 I-80
2 Total Solution
1 Rocky

maybe an Indian Outlaw and a HW5

Nasc

Zach said:
The way it stands now that I know of to the best of my heat observing skills
2 My Turn
1 White Noise
3 Naughty Pine
1 all aboard
1 Walks Alone
1 I-80
2 Total Solution
1 Rocky

maybe an Indian Outlaw and a HW5

No SunSeeker?

That’s sacrilegious……………

farmboy

Bred 1 to him, didn't stick. rebred to Mon. didn't stick. Hopefully the ones we rebred that came back in were just false heats  ;) Should have bred everything to Sunseeker. Got 3/4 last year on him, One really good colorful steer I would cool room if I had room. Bred his mommy back to Naughty and she caught.

DTW

Knock on wood but i have had very good luck with  monopoly semen.  Last year was 5 out of 6 and this  year so far 2 out of three.

When i flushed to  monopoly last year i was 13 out of 15 eggs fertilized both times.

jbw

2 flushes.  12 for 12 and 11 for twelve on the other. can't complain here.