Pork Radio Ads.

Help Support Steer Planet:

DiamondMCattle

I was curious if any one had heard the new ads for Pork that give a negative implication to beef. In my opinion all sectors of animal agriculture are in this together and have a tough enough time fighting the public image as it is. I was just wondering other people thoughts

nkotb

I agree, it sure doesn't send a positive message when the proteins can't get along.  I would look at it like your friends at the show, you are enemies in the ring, but outside that you work together and help each other out.  Our biggest threat right now is the anti-ag movement, not which protein the meat-eaters do decide to choose.

BTDT

I have heard them.
"You have won a new York strip. Would you like to swap it?"
Crowd says: "Swap. Swap. Pork is healthier. Its less expensive. And its better for you."
Person says: "YES. I WANNA SWAP."
Everyone cheers and the announcer says "Congratulations!!"

Divide and conquer. But I have to admit, the ol'angus PR committee might have met their match!!

Okotoks

BTDT said:
I have heard them.
"You have won a new York strip. Would you like to swap it?"
Crowd says: "Swap. Swap. Pork is healthier. Its less expensive. And its better for you."
Person says: "YES. I WANNA SWAP."
Everyone cheers and the announcer says "Congratulations!!"

Divide and conquer. But I have to admit, the ol'angus PR committee might have met their match!!

They can't even bring themselves to say it tastes better  (lol)

BTDT

Actually they do say "It taste great!", but I omitted it trying to save some typing.

And while this ad may make cattleman cringe, I remember some ads from my past that were pretty "anti-pork", so maybe it was about time for a little retribution.

Limiman12

In the court of public perception, never punch down, it gives credibility to the lower rung....  It does the pork industry a lot of good to punch up.........

Heard that analogy about Jay Z calling out Scott boras......  Does boors no good to acknowledge Jay Z as the new kid, but Jay Z gets pub for calling out Boras.....