Portable Hot Water Heater For Shows?????

Help Support Steer Planet:

redandwhite

Does anyone know how to make a hot water heater for taking to a show, or if there is one to buy??  We are leaving for a show in a couple days and it's gonna be really cold ......  I have looked online but all the affordable ($200-$300) portable propane water heaters are made for camp showers and only give you 1-1 1/2 gallons per minute, which I just don't think is enough??????  I have seen homemade water heaters in the past so I know they are out there, just don't know how to do it.  Any help would be appreciated-thanks!

vc

I have seen a home made water heater, they took an electric tankless water heater, mounted it on a dolly, work real well but I'm betting it cost a bit.

wph119

Ive seen one made out of an old air compressor tank & 50ft of flex copper tubing. They cut both ends out of the tank, drilled holes on the side (front and back) and then coiled the tubing through it pushing each end of the tubing through the holes and adding fittings to connect to a garden hose.  They then put the tank in front of a salamader heater and blow the hot air through the coils to heat the water as it flowed through.  Takes a little adjusting to get the right temp but is pretty cheap and portable.

ShawnL

amazon.com outdoors L10 propane water heater $230 works pretty good for me washing cattle