Pretty Good Summer

Help Support Steer Planet:

MYT Farms

Well, summer started off with a pretty big bang. I won state conference livestock judging, which was incredible. Then we followed that up with a pretty successful county fair where my little sister racked up four buckles, and I got one. She won champion heifer showman, champion lamb showman, reserve market lamb, and champion round robin. I got a whole lot of 2nds and thirds in class, including with my grey steer who came second in his class to the grand champion. I was reserve heifer showman and reserve steer showman, both times reserve to a girl I might add.  ;) But then I finally pulled off champion round robin showman and took home a 2011 fair buckle. This fall, we will compete with lambs and a heifer at state fair, then I will be off to China to represent the state of Colorado and the United States as myself and 64 fellow Colorado 4-H, FFA, and Little Britches members. See Rodeochina.com for more info. As soon as I return from this trip, I'll be headed to judge with a combined Colorado team to Indiana. So, it's a busy year ahead, and I can't believe it's time to look at calves and colleges already. Time flies by!
MYT