problems getting show hf bred

Help Support Steer Planet:

r2scott

Does anyone have an tricks on getting a show hf  bred.  She cycling every 18 to 21 days.  We are done showing her now and is turned out with good mineral.  I tried AIing her 4 to 5 time while we were showing her with no luck.  She is with a bull now but was wondering if anyone had something i could try.  Thanks

cowman 52

If  she is on a regular 21 day cycle, more or less, go ahead and do the cider, cysterllin, or what ever you usually do to coincide with her cycle. That has worked well for us.  We have infused them before using hydrogen peroxide and penicillin, it acts similar to a d and c, and you start off fresh,

r2scott

She has alittle condition but not a lot.  Maybe the bull will bring her around to my way of thinking.

Till-Hill

7 days after you see bull breed her or you AI insert CIDR for 14 days. Pull day 21 and either she will be a rocket ship in heat again or will be pregnant. Gives her an extra shot of progesteron to maintain a pregnancy. Also do it next year when you head to a show, will help with the stress of being hauled after being bred and what not! Good luck.