Prospect Steer

Help Support Steer Planet:

Shallene

What are your opinions of this steer?  It's an oct alias out of a registered bar ext traveler angus cow.  We raised it but not sure if it can compete. Just clipped it for the first time today. Honest opinions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    764.7 KB · Views: 294

RankeCattleCo

Looks shaggy and well put together. Could use some depth and Depth Charge would sure help. Looks pretty clean fronted. He looks a tick straight in those hind wheels and could use a small shot of power but otherwise he looks like he could compete! What are your plans for him?

Telos

His hind wheels are just fine, IMO. He looks young and pretty green. My concern would be if he is going to have enough power with him being out of an Angus cow. Should make a nice county steer but may get outpowered in a big steer show.

Shallene

Power is my same concern. His mother and grandmother are nice cows with great structure, huge tops and deep guts but lighter boned.  We will haul four steers next year as we did this year. If I can find better steers at reasonable prices, we will sell this one. I was a little surprised to see this calf have so much power when he was born coming out of an angus.

RankeCattleCo

That's what I figured. He should do well at a county fair, and our calf had the same problem- just not enough extension to run with the big boys. You should be dang proud of that calf either way.

crushertown

I like him a lot.  Very equally balanced from front to back.  Would like to see how he carries himself off his back legs.