Prospect steers for sale in MB, SK, AB or ND

Help Support Steer Planet:

kalend

I'm from Manitoba and I'm looking for one or two prospect steers to jackpot around. I'm looking for a Maine cross,  Angus cross, or Simmental cross animal(s). I'm looking for long hair to work with, a steer that won't become soggy in June and a semi-good-tempured, half ass broke calf. I have no problem putting in the time to something that I know will pay off. If you have or know someone who has what I'd like, give me a shout, please! Let me know your location. If your not in MB, SK, AB or ND, it would be inconvenient for me.

simba

What age are you looking for? The Nixdorffs have some really cool spring born clubbies in AB. The Agribition sale in November has some good ones. The sale at Lloyd Stockade Roundup in October had a few decent calves. Last year Kolby Heaven had an online (or maybe private, I can`t remember) sale.

kalend

Larissa said:
What age are you looking for? The Nixdorffs have some really cool spring born clubbies in AB. The Agribition sale in November has some good ones. The sale at Lloyd Stockade Roundup in October had a few decent calves. Last year Kolby Heaven had an online (or maybe private, I can`t remember) sale.
I've actually been in contact with the Nixdorffs and I've been buying my 4H steers at agribition the last 5 years. I'm going to buy my 4H steer at agribition again this year b/c I have a money award, but i'm looking to buy off farm for a jackpot steer. It's nice to see people reffering the Nixdorffs.

mainecattlemother

How much are you  willing to spend and how far into ND do you want to go?  I am actually from MN but we would certainly could bring a calf to the Fargo area.  We are not far from Fargo.  We have a prospect calf that I plan to register as a Simmi.  He has pretty good hair.  He was champ prospect calf at our small county fair.  He is not real large as we did not push on feed.  A friend showed for us as my kids had too much to show already.  He is a Dream Catcher x Sunseeker.  We are not sure what we want to do with him yet but want to go to a couple more Jackpot Shows before we either get rid of or keep him.  He was 457 lb at our county fair.  MN only requires the Simmi steers to be 50%.  Let me know your thoughts.

kalend

mainecattlemother said:
How much are you  willing to spend and how far into ND do you want to go?  I am actually from MN but we would certainly could bring a calf to the Fargo area.  We are not far from Fargo.  We have a prospect calf that I plan to register as a Simmi.  He has pretty good hair.  He was champ prospect calf at our small county fair.  He is not real large as we did not push on feed.  A friend showed for us as my kids had too much to show already.  He is a Dream Catcher x Sunseeker.  We are not sure what we want to do with him yet but want to go to a couple more Jackpot Shows before we either get rid of or keep him.  He was 457 lb at our county fair.  MN only requires the Simmi steers to be 50%.  Let me know your thoughts.
do you have any pictures of him?

mainecattlemother

Will have next week or later this weekend.  We plan to take him to Pope County Jackpot show next Wednesday.  I will try for soe pics this weekend also.  Forgot camera at county fair so unfortunately I dont have any.  I do know someone vieo taped so I may try to get a hold of the video.

Toughie

Hve you considered shorthorn.  They sure have the hair and the temperament.  there are some good ones here in MB.