Proven fact????

Help Support Steer Planet:

titan

Is it true that if you sell a calf that is sired by Monopoly, that it will sell higher that any other calf???? taking all opinions and statistics.

willow

titan said:
Is it true that if you sell a calf that is sired by Monopoly, that it will sell higher that any other calf???? taking all opinions and statistics.

Maybe infront of the right crowd....

ruhtram

He's gaining popularity so sort of but, Heat Wave sired calves defiantly sell higher. HW sired calves usually are better and win more, and have been doing so for the last 10 years. I feel monopoly calves are better now then when he first came out b.c people now know what kind of cows he works best on.

WB

Cruiser said:
He's gaining popularity so sort of but, Heat Wave sired calves defiantly sell higher. HW sired calves usually are better and win more, and have been doing so for the last 10 years. I feel monopoly calves are better now then when he first came out b.c people now know what kind of cows he works best on.

Honestly I disagree, I am definitely more of a newbie to the show calf world, but watching sale results this summer and fall, I feel like I saw quite a few more high sellers out of Monopoly then HeatWave this year. Do I think that HeatWave is still probably one of the go to bulls for producing club calves? Yes. But I feel like Monopoly is quickly taking over.

P.S. I am 90% sure I saw a graph a few months back on cattle.com listing averaging out steer sale results, and I'm pretty sure Monopoly was at the top. But maybe Jeff Schroeder can comment on this?

kfacres

Cruiser said:
I feel monopoly calves are better now then when he first came out b.c people now know what kind of cows he works best on.

To expound upon.... I think Monopoly will be a better, more consistent breeding bull due to his half Angus background and the consistency factor.  Atleast in his case, he's only half breeding 'junk' for a lack of a better word... Whereas HW is more of an all around composited breeding mix.